Eating out at Hall and Woodhouse pub - help!

Options
I'm out to dinner on Sat night at one of my favourite places to eat (a Hall and Woodhouse pub) but I'm worrying about what to order off a pub grub menu without undoing my hard work - help!!!

Replies

• MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you're not intending to save your calories up so that you don't need to worry too much about what to eat, then follow some simply rules of thumb:

* Avoid dishes that have cream or cheese sauces
    * Avoid pasta dishes unless they're in a simple tomato sauce
    * Go for a fish option where possible (but not battered!)
    * If the dish comes with chips, ask if you can swap those out for a greed salad instead
    * Leave the bread basket alone

I think Hall and Woodhouse menus change from pub to pub (I'm sure they're Badger Beers) so unless you have a link to which one you're going to it's not going to be possible to pick out the best choices. In general though, most good pubs offer a fish dish - I tend to go for something like pan-fried Sea Bass fillets with veg and a green side salad.
  • pinkninja81
    pinkninja81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice!
  • DavidHoare
    Options
    Dear Pink Ninja,

I was very sorry to hear that you were struggling to find any dishes to fit your diet. I wondered if you could let me know which is your favorite public house of ours and I can make some recommendations. If it's a public house we manage directly then I think I can be of help. If it's one of our Business Parnerships I'll let them know of your conundrum.

Looking Forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

David Hoare
    Development Director
    david.hoare@hall-woodhouse.co.uk
  • Slicknik906
    Options
    Hi David,

Can you advise the calorie content o the hand battered fish and chips dish - Smaller size please?
    We eat at the Seven Stars at Petersfield and love the fish and chips!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Dear Pink Ninja,

I was very sorry to hear that you were struggling to find any dishes to fit your diet. I wondered if you could let me know which is your favorite public house of ours and I can make some recommendations. If it's a public house we manage directly then I think I can be of help. If it's one of our Business Parnerships I'll let them know of your conundrum.

Looking Forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

David Hoare
    Development Director
    david.hoare@hall-woodhouse.co.uk

The fact that you responded here is impressive. Kudos.