Sick of a Plateau

Options
I have just started on my fitness pal.....again! I never really got into it when I first started back in March, but since then I decided to come back on because I am sick of hitting a plateau. I have been struggling to lose the weight again after I gained back 20 lbs! I wasn't even at my goal weight when I started to gain weight back, I had only 10-15lbs to go. Well I had hit a plateau, and just started to gain slowly from there. Now here I am back in the swing of things of the ol' diet and exercise and trying to eat right again. I have been running again and am back up to 2.5miles. I really believe this time I can go all the way. Just looking for some fitness pal buddies to help keep me motivated, and vise versa. Good luck on getting to your goal, you can do it!

Replies

• rmaynard
    rmaynard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, and you'll get there. My wife and I just broke through a plateau and while it was frustrating it feels good to come out on the other side. One thing that helped was talking to the manager at my gym. He asked me how long it had been since I changed up my routine, at the time it had been about 3 weeks. He said that it takes 28 days to make a habit and sometimes it takes the body that long to get used to a new routine and begin changing. He was right, we stuck with our changes and the lbs started coming off again around week 4.5.

Don't ever stop.
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi,

Another Newbie, this site was recommended to me by my trainer at the gym, I was using another system on line and having a hard time getting good info on calories and the manoevering of the site itself, which of course the site shall remain nameless.

I'm 56, happily married with a kitty Oskar. We live on the ocean in Nova Scotia, and this time of year is the hardest for me to lose weight. We have a boat and often raft up with a number of boats and party. My challenge this year will be to get through summer without gaining and hopefully losing the 20 plus that I keep playing with. 20 lbs doesn't show much on me, but I can feel it and I'm so sick of it. I have two wardrobes. Some fit both weights, some just when I'm up and others for just when I'm down the 20. I even have smaller clothes in the closet. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the same spot.

I go to the gym usually 5 times per week for about 2 hours, and I work hard at it. I have recently shifted my focus from cardio cardio cardio, to mostly weights with some injected cardio to get the heart rate up there.

I have a clean diet, cleaner every day, but it's hard to balance getting off sugar replacements with the real thing, and just plain old getting away from sweet. This is my very first day officially well for one starting this site, and secondly for working to get even stronger and stay away from the yoyo of "dieting" and the reality of moderation.

That being said, that's who I am. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends.

Cheers,

KCbytheC
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I feel the same way..........I started back in August and for the first 6 months, I did great. I lost a total of 59 lbs. In March I went on a mini-vacation and of course gain a couple lbs back, and as soon as I started getting back into my healthy routine, my best friend was tragically killed in an accident in April. Once that happened I gained back about 6 lbs. I am an emotional eater and was too depressed to go to the gym. Now this summer I decided I need to get back to the gym and had some major family drama which had a negative impact on my workout schedule. At this point I am so unmotivated to go the gym and am going to start taking evening walks. Hopefully I can do about an hour a night. I did so good for 6 months and now in the past 4 months I can't lose anything. I wish I had a drill sergeant to push me and yell at me. I have absolutely no motivation. I still have 30 lbs to lose..........
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ug!! it sure can add up and come back quickly !! welcome back
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    oops... double post
  • kcbythec
    Options
    As I mentioned I'm a newbie trying to get my ticker to be included. Please bear with me while I try again.....KC

1380139.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kcbythec
    Options
    I think you'll do fine. Getting back to exercise is just a thing you have to do a few times before you remember that it does make you feel good. I personally usually get pretty pumped by exercise though sometimes I just don't feel like going. The odd time I will miss 2-3 days in a row but not the norm.

We will succeed in this journey.

KCbytheC:bigsmile: