POLAR 4 Heart Rate Monitor

Options
SOoo i have the Polar 4 heart rate monitor..

I use it at the gym all the time..

Usually with the eliptical it says i burn way more calories than the machine actually says however when i'm on the treadmill my POLAR 4 is behind the treadmills count..

Do i juust trust the polar 4 even though its far ahead with the eliptical and way behind with the treadmill?

Replies

• heatherforever222
    heatherforever222 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just bought one too. I am beginning to wonder how accurate the calories burned is. I was told that you shouldnt use it if there are others around you that may have a hrm of there own.
  • Tyandnatesmom
    Tyandnatesmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar 4 too and mine is usually different than the machines at the gym says. I mentioned this to my doctor and he said that I should trust the HRM as it is going to be more accurate at measuring my heart rate and comparing it to the information I entered into the HRM than the exercise machines. The HRM is programmed to better figure out your calories burned than a piece of equipment that is over used by others.

I hope that helps. I am trusting the doctor on this one.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nothing is ever going to be 100%, but the HRM is going to be more accurate than the machine. I find that when I use my HRM (I have the same kind) I tend to lose more weight than just trusting machines and/or MFP. Good luck!
  • MariaJenea
    Options
    I am looking into getting a Polar F4 or F7. For all of you guyes that have one, would you recommend one for a beginner? I usually do 3-5 miles a the gym a day and take a spin class once a week. Will they work during a spin class?

Thanks for all the help!
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im looking for one as well...either FT4 or FT40....what is the difference?