New to the site!!

Options
:tongue: Hi my name is Nicole I am 22 and have a 17 month old daughter and i would like to lose those last 25 from the pregnancy. I am also a full-time student. and find it hard to eat right and pass up the pasterys, so if any body has some advice on how to give up on some of the card and sweets let me in on your sucessful secreats..Well i love good advice

Replies

• determined08
    Options
    :tongue: Hi my name is Nicole I am 22 and have a 17 month old daughter and i would like to lose those last 25 from the pregnancy. I am also a full-time student. and find it hard to eat right and pass up the pasterys, so if any body has some advice on how to give up on some of the card and sweets let me in on your sucessful secreats..Well i love good advice
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings determined08!

You so smart to get this going while your young...stay with it...don't let it keep piling on.

You're going to have to make up your mind to stop eatings sweets or empty carbs...sugar is addictive...I don't even eat cereal or protein bars...they trigger my empty carb cravings...fruit and sugar free, fat free or low-fat yogurt satisfy my sweet tooth. I did fall off the wagon when my boyfriend took me to a buffet, but I didn't beat myself up over it...I enjoyed it that Sunday then got right back on track the next day.

You could chec out www.mypyramid.gov if you need nutritional advice...they'll explain how many servings from each food group you need...then get back on this site and use the food diary to keep your daily caloric intake in the weight losing zone...I balance out my nutrition according to the food groups but maybe a serving less than the government recommendation...they have me at 1600 calories a day and that is to much for me to loose weight...this site recommends 1200 a day for me in order to reach my goals...I lost 2 lbs the 1st week.

Everyone tells me it is not a diet, it is a new way of life...Best to you,
    Fat Dancer
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome!! We are all here for you. Think positive and you will succeed
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too. I'm 20 and have a 7 month old that I'm trying to loose the weight from. So we're kind of in the same situation! Giving up sweets is the absolute hardest thing for me to do too. I'm VERY addicted to sugar. But I'll get there. I think I'm just going to set a day for myself. I think tomorrow may be the day. After that, no more sweets! Anyway, best of luck with your goals and I look forward to sharing experiences with you and everyone else here!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi to both of you! Welcome and good luck!:smile:
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!

Your daughter looks beautiful!

Good luck on starting a weight loss program. You can do it!

My problem is not so much sweets(only like those a certain few days of the month:wink: !

I LOVE salty stuff: chips, pickles, good aged cheddar cheeses, french fries, pizza............on and on!

If I get a sweet tooth, I'll eat one or two Hershey's dark chocolate kisses and that seems to satisfy me.

Anyone got any good advice on how to handle the salty cravings???