I'M NOT PREGNANT

Options
SO, i'm only 18 and i get children at work asking if i'm pregnant. time to lose weight.
need loooooooads of support because i just keep eating rubbish, yoyo dieter by name.

i need to just DO IT.
28 pounds need to lose. anyone know how quickly that should go?
DEFO before august it needs to go, i start my new job then but i'd love it gone before summer so i can have a GREAT last summer in Manchester. moving away for my new job and my birthday is in summer and i want a great scrapbook that i don't CRINGE at!!

we in this together?

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on just the #'s getting in shape should be the ultimate goal.
    I just started with MFP but something I like is that when you finish your food/exercise for the day you can complete the entry and it gives you an idea where you would be in 5 weeks if you stayed just like that day everyday.

I'm at 295 and it said I can be as low as 265 in 5 weeks. I look forward to seeing if I can hit that but maybe finishing a day and seeing what the results would be for you would help!
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week would 1k calorie deficit a day. that is quite a lot and will take discipline. I am targeting 1 lb a week, 500 cal deficit but I am doing a little better than that. Lost 6 lbs and am in the middle of week 5.
  • deerondrugs
    Options
    I'm 18 too :)
    Added you as a friend :) The rule to lose weight is calorie deficit and workout will also help!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It is much better to make a lifestyle change and shoot for a pound a week. You can lose it faster, but will be much more likely to fall off the wagon and/or binge it. Losing a pound a week and toning with exercise will bring visible results very quickly. Good luck to you.
  • daniellacastelucci
    Options
    We're here to support you!! I had to lose about 40 pounds - lost 18 of them so far. Ideal is to lose at maximum 1 pound a week, so your body gets used to fat loss. Also important to take measurements - we, women, tend to get weight stacked even though clothes are fitting better. I am being followed by a personal dietist, so I can share tips if you want :) WELCOME ABOARD!!
  • ValerieAnne84
    Options
    First off, welcome to the community. :)

The first thing I suggest is to NOT focus on the number, but if you do, don't obsess of the number. You have to remember that number will flucuate depending on the time of day. Also, don't starve yourself (or cut back on so many calories that it would be considered starving yourself). I, personally, always try to lose between 1-3 pounds a week (which normally doesn't happen, but at least I don't gain). I think that is a good amount a week, without over-doing it.
  • mstyer2790
    mstyer2790 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everyone who has known me since I lost weight ( I used to be really big) thinks I'm pregnant now too. I hate it! So we are in the same boat :laugh: welcome!
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I constantly have people ask me if I'm pregnant, it used to make me almost break into tears but now I just smile and say "Nope, I just love food." :wink:

Because really, it makes them feel worse that they said something than it makes me feel.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you sure?

I didn't use protection.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Are you sure?

I didn't use protection.

You must not be getting enough Taurine.
  • OldManOfTheSea