The Zumba Crew w/o 6-28

2»

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Hi there, hope you don't mind if I chime in. :) I go to a class about twice a week, and on other days, have done the DVDs. They're the Zumba fitness DVDs, which are different from the ones on zumba.com - but it's still Beto. I'm not sure what the major differences are, but there's no cardio party and no tone and sculpt dvd.

The class I go to is $5 a pop, so while I'd like to go more, that's about my limit. Last week I was exhausted and *almost* skipped it - afterward couldn't believe I had even entertained the thought!

Feeling the same way today - sluggish -but come hell or highwater, I'll get myself to zumba! :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I find any spinning moves a bit difficult, but I'm on a wooden gym floor (it's held on a basketball court in the community center) and I wear my running sneakers. I'm not into it enough to bother with zumba shoes or anything. I just consider it an extra workout when I have to spin... lol

Running sneakers are just about the worse shoe you can wear for Zumba, way to much grip can cause injuries. You might want to look through your shoes and see if you have any older shoes with worn down tread to be safe.

Edited to add: I hope that didn't come off harsh, I just would hate for you to get hurt. Another option is, just lift your feet instead of trying to do any sliding type movements where your shoes would stick. :flowerforyou:

defintiely not harsh! I appreciate any advice. These are brand new running sneakers so they're about as grippy as they come. I do have a pair of old running sneakers that are pretty worn down that i can try. I do feel it twisting my ankle a bit and I'd like to prevent injuring it if I get a little too much into the twisting... haha. My only problem is that my feet need lots of support since I have flat feet, so I have to be careful about what shoes i work out in. I'll give the old sneakers a try next week and see if it's any better.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Well, while we are talking about shoes, What kind of shoes do you all wear to Zumba?
    I wear Nike Musique and i Love them!!! I would recommend them to anyone who zumbas.
  • Happyoceangirl
    I admit to wearing my running shoes - I shouldn't - but they're the only ones I have right now that give decent support and get me through it. Thanks for the recommendation for the Nike musique. Are they cute??? :happy:

My instructor kicked it up a notch last night - fewer (and shorter) water breaks, more songs and a couple of different routines. Calorie burn was 647 for an hour class. Such good fun. I came home and was doing zumba in the kitchen... :)

Its rainy out today and I have ZERO oomph. :( Just feeling munchy. Maybe if I zumba around the house it will wake me up a bit?
  • Songsu
    Songsu Posts: 3
    I have looked for the Nike Musique all over and have not been able to find them. Did you have to order them on line?
  • iluvsparkles
    I think they are really cute, I got mine at shoe carnival. They are perfect for zumba, they are not over-grippy and they have a supported split sole and a pivot point.

dHagY4J098NpLNlGE_ZMvb35Cp_zqZJ13JL9zcVEbKETLcsxv1Bd4zbPLp_ZcSh6uH8N1rikNKmYUBUdmqUEAuxYfuuvqwUIXxjUBOARc3T4UhvmQa_R5r7O92UPRXi14Vn3vgwuSDdGRq0tZonXP0X_f_wtt-GVNRF4W-jj6ew
  • Happyoceangirl
    I think they are really cute, I got mine at shoe carnival. They are perfect for zumba, they are not over-grippy and they have a supported split sole and a pivot point.

dHagY4J098NpLNlGE_ZMvb35Cp_zqZJ13JL9zcVEbKETLcsxv1Bd4zbPLp_ZcSh6uH8N1rikNKmYUBUdmqUEAuxYfuuvqwUIXxjUBOARc3T4UhvmQa_R5r7O92UPRXi14Vn3vgwuSDdGRq0tZonXP0X_f_wtt-GVNRF4W-jj6ew

Those are adorable.
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    I am going to try Zumba tonight - wish me luck :)
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    I did go tonight and had so much fun! I am definitely going back for more!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    I did go tonight and had so much fun! I am definitely going back for more!!

Woo hooo!!!!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    I have a question - I've been to 2 Zumba classes,one in Toronto when i was on holiday, and one in Edinburgh. The one in TO was REALLY good, the instructor was really eneergetic, had loads of moves, and even though I didn't manage to keep up with all of them, I still worked up a serious sweat. So having been to that one class, I thought I'd try one near where I live - oh my god it was horrible! The instructor kept repeating the same moves, the music was...different (I don't know if this is typical, but Shakira? For 3 songs??? Uh...), the class was massively overcrowded so everyone was too close together, and the instructor made us all do this one move where she had everyone should "WOOOOOOO" and shimmy. The sound of 75 women making that noise makes me want to scratch my eardrums out! Yikes!

Please oh please tell me that is not typical, and it was just a rubbish class?!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I have a question - I've been to 2 Zumba classes,one in Toronto when i was on holiday, and one in Edinburgh. The one in TO was REALLY good, the instructor was really eneergetic, had loads of moves, and even though I didn't manage to keep up with all of them, I still worked up a serious sweat. So having been to that one class, I thought I'd try one near where I live - oh my god it was horrible! The instructor kept repeating the same moves, the music was...different (I don't know if this is typical, but Shakira? For 3 songs??? Uh...), the class was massively overcrowded so everyone was too close together, and the instructor made us all do this one move where she had everyone should "WOOOOOOO" and shimmy. The sound of 75 women making that noise makes me want to scratch my eardrums out! Yikes!

Please oh please tell me that is not typical, and it was just a rubbish class?!

Unfortunately due to the crazy popularity of Zumba right now, coupled with the fact that it is relatively easy to become certified, there are lots of rubbish classes.

My best advice, keep shopping around. On Zumba.com there's a "find an instructor/class" section, so you could look there. I've discovered that at the minimum, you should find a certified "zumba gold" instructor, as they've had more training in a bigger variety of rhythms/dances. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Well, while we are talking about shoes, What kind of shoes do you all wear to Zumba?
    I wear Nike Musique and i Love them!!! I would recommend them to anyone who zumbas.

My friend and I just went to buy new sneakers for zumba because running sneakers were bothering my knees and these are exactly the ones we got! She got the white ones with the pearly leather and the blue and I got the black ones with the patent leather and the purple :)
  • iluvsparkles
    It's a new week! Come on over and join me in the thread The Zumba Crew w/o 7-5 !
This discussion has been closed.