Question for HCG dieters?

Options
So I am thinking of starting this after my monthly friend in a couple weeks, and was wandering about exercising...those of you who are currently doing this did you exercise while on the HCG diet??

Thanks bunches!!

Replies

• flygirl235
    Options
    I've done HCG twice and had great success with it. You should only exercize to the extent you feel physically able to do so. If you are in the habit of exercizing, then you can continue....but might want to not do the cardio as intensely. If you are not in the habit, it probably won't be a great idea to start while on the diet as your body will have trouble keeping up wiht the demands of the new exercize routine on such a reduced calorie plan.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    let yourself get acclimated to the new routine the first two weeks. I started week 3 and it went well; wasn't too soon. manage to get a workout in almost every day now, you'll lose more weight as long as you push fluids to flush it out.
  • thebatacs
    thebatacs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that this question was asked!! I am finishing up the first load day today and have the second tomorrow, so I guess I officially start the restricted calories on Friday, but I play alot of soccer and I LOVE Turbo!! I am hoping that I will not have to give it up and have been really worried about it.
    I am really excited about this program!
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I do normally exercise I actually feel very lazy when I don't so I am glad to hear that you can add that back after a lil while.
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    About 8 months ago I started running three days a week and have kept it up and now I love it. Since starting HCG 3 weeks ago I have cut my running to one short run per week - just because I miss it and to keep my body used to it. I did notice this week that I was able to run 1/2 - 1 mph faster than before (probably due to weighing 15+ lbs less!). Once I get onto phase three I plan to return to my 30 minute runs three days a week. For now, chasing 4 little ones will have to suffice!
  • thebatacs
    Options
    @fivefatcats:

Did you change your running schedule due to the fact that it tells you not to excersize too much, or do you feel energy deprived? I do Turbo and am really nervous that I will have to give it up. Any insight?

Also, to all:

How far did you take the lifestyle change? It recommends certain shampoos, deodorants, lip balm... etc. Did you change all of that as well, or just your food/water/sugar intake?

Thanks!!
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    I changed my running schedule only while on the VLCD - not because I don't have the energy. I most certainly do.

About the shampoos and lotions etc . . . I didn't change a thing . . . just the eating/drinking.
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to start!! Another week to wait though :( I was wandering the same thing about makeup though...DO you have to restrict that while you are on the diet??
  • thebatacs
    Options
    Another question... because of the very limited intake of various foods, do you take a multi vitamin? I usually don't because I have a hard time finding any that don't upset my stomach (except for the gummies, which I would assume are off limits on this diet due to the sugar...)
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    On the days I work (4 of 7) I am using my regular shower/makeup routine. On the days I am home I don't usually wear makeup anyway.

I have not been taking a multivitamin, read too many articles that say they aren't necessary anyway. The only thing I do take is a calcium supplement (vitamin) nightly, which I have been lazy about since starting HCG. Once I return to 'normal' eating I plan to continue my calcium supplement.

I still can't believe I am in the 160's!! I love how my clothes fit and how my clavicles stick out. I keep changing necklaces to bring attention to my neck! I am wearing size medium clothes for the first time ever (instead of the 1x, 2x, 3x I bought when I weighed 230-250). I have tons of clothes that are too big that I am afraid to get rid of, but since I plan on staying slimmer and healthy, I am packing them up this week and off to Goodwill they go - which is where I got most of it anyway!!!
  • thebatacs
    Options
    I still can't believe I am in the 160's!! I love how my clothes fit and how my clavicles stick out. I keep changing necklaces to bring attention to my neck! I am wearing size medium clothes for the first time ever (instead of the 1x, 2x, 3x I bought when I weighed 230-250). I have tons of clothes that are too big that I am afraid to get rid of, but since I plan on staying slimmer and healthy, I am packing them up this week and off to Goodwill they go - which is where I got most of it anyway!!!

That is so awesome!! I cant' wait to be able to do that as well. I have a whole shelf of clothes that I have been dying to fit back into, and now, I am thinking that I may be back in them sooner than I thought possible!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention a caution against weight lifting until phase 3. aerobic exercises like walking, swimming worked out for me. i have a back injury and can't jog, just do the elliptical machine.

on cosmetics, i am sensitive and reacted with less loss. i use alba oil free moisturizer and a drop of food grade mineral oil for my lips. i used aloe shampoo and conditioner from jason's. baking soda for tooth powder. i have since found mastey's traite cream shampoo which i splurged on as a reward--stopped frizzies from the humidity. everyone is different. some folks do just fine with their regular toiletries.
  • losingafterbaby
    Options
    I am on P2D3 and down 6.3 This is my 3rd round, but I don't count the 2nd really cause I had to quit early due to being sick and moving. Di well on the first round. glad to see others on here for support.