SCREW the scale!!!

Options
I weighed in yesterday and according to the scale I gained 2.5 pounds. Well after that I took measurements and lost 2 inches on my waist! So yeah, I think I'll go with that over the number on the scale.

Replies

• kthycrlsn
    kthycrlsn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ha! Me too! I've been struggling with the thought of gaining two pounds but took my measurements this morning. I'll take the measurements over the scales any day of the week! Good job :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away and only weigh when I visit my Dr. =)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    good for you. It's awesome to be able to use the scale as a tool but know it is only one way to measure progress. After all, we want to lose body fat, not just weight.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i use my scale every day, because i'd rather know after a day or two ive gained 2 lb, then after a week having gained 5lbs, cause the two is much easier to lose...

and i love gadgets and i have a wifi scale
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    I AM WITH YOU! SCALES SUCK!
    My hubby the other day stood on the scale, then immediately went pee, and then stood on it again and he was 2 pounds different.
    I started weighing myself for the first time in years when i started using MFP,the scale hasnt really moved at all but my measurements tell me different every week :)
    the inches are what count
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!

Here's some great reading on a topic similar to this... it's my favourite thread. EVER!

www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm ready to ditch mine as well. Gained and lost the same 1 lb for about a month now. But my clothes are looser, my muscle definition is better (or just finally showing up) and I look slimmer overall. Maybe my scale is just broken. :ohwell:
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just the kind of thread I was looking for - since January 3rd I have started tracking my calorie intake and working out. On average I would do 30-40 minutes of Jillian Michaels workout 5 times a week. My calorie intake is set at 1490 daily, I am sure that I was consuming at least 1700 - 1800 most days before tracking. I am not measuring my food but making a fair and realistic assumption.

After three months, my weight has barely changed, perhaps 1 kilo at the most. I have lost approx. 1 - 1.5 inches from both waist and hips. My target was to lose 5 kilos in 3 months and reach a target weight of 60 kilos by April. This is not the case and the scale seems to barely move, yet I feel lighter and more toned....starting to see small difference but nothing major yet.

Is this normal....should it take so long to see more visible changes?

I am at a loss altough I will not give up!

Your thoughts and ideas are most welcome :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i found this new scale on another thread so....here you go.

...wait for it

2013-02-27_12-13-24_572_zps1b70ed93.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    seriously tho' i only weigh over once a week. and not during TOM. for sure not that.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I literally THREW my scale out the bathroom window. It no longer is allowed in my house. It lives in the Garage. I only take it out once a week to weigh in. I was scale obsessd for a very long time and I'm just coming to cope with it's not the # on the scale that makes for breaks me reaching my goals.
    I now go by how my clothes fit, Compliments I get from other people. :smile:
  • Caleen58
    Caleen58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i use my scale every day, because i'd rather know after a day or two ive gained 2 lb, then after a week having gained 5lbs, cause the two is much easier to lose...

and i love gadgets and i have a wifi scale
    You're doing great! What a good inspiration! Donna:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!