Plateau n motivation dwindling

Options
So I've been on a plateau for almost two. Weeks. Finally lost my first ten pounds :) but now I'm having trouble using thru. My motivation is going down down down . I eat decently wrk out maybe three days a week . N drink 6 glasses of h2o a day. My motivation is going down mainly cause the weight is dropping so slowly. Any advice ???

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Two weeks doesn't even qualify as a plateau!

Focus on your nutrition and fitness goals. Could you be eating better? Measuring your food more accurately? Could you be running faster?

We only have so much control over the scale - it goes up and down and gets stuck based on whims. We have total control over what we put in our mouths and how much we move our bodies.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are measuring everything, and maybe try adding another work out day. I would suggest using a heart rate monitor if you are not already so you can keep track of how much you are burning also. 2 weeks isnt bad, keep at it, dont give up!
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Thnks. It's just taking sooo long .took me 45 days to lose ten pounds . I just feel I'm doing something wrong.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i was stuck after about 9lbs lost for about 3 weeks.
    i don't know what i did, but i just lowered my calories by 200 for 2 weeks and only lost half a pound. then i upped my calories by 100 for a week and lost another lb. then i ate at maintenance for 3 days, and now i'm down a pound again.

i would suggest just switching things around.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    45 days equates to roughly 6 1/2 weeks. 10 lbs lost during that time frame is about 1.5 lbs per week which is pretty outstanding! Sounds like you are doing things right which in the long run will help you keep the weight off!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thnks. It's just taking sooo long .took me 45 days to lose ten pounds . I just feel I'm doing something wrong.

That works out to about 1.5 lbs/week, which is perfect for someone who only has 30 lbs. to go!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at my current weight since November. That's 120 days. You can lose motivation and go back to the way things were, or stick with it and don't let two weeks at your current weight get you down. You worked hard to lose what you did. Why make it all for nothing if you just revert back to your old habits? I lost the desire to log my food - something I'm going to try to do regularly again, but I never stopped working out. I'm going to try changing up my routine a bit and see if that helps.

Personally, I don't want to go back. I've fought to get where I am. My determination to succeed is what keeps me going.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing everything right, just your expectations are unrealistic.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It's taken me nearly two years to lose 13 lbs. Please.

If I gave up at all the different points I tried to give up at, I wouldn't be:

1. crushing my workouts... every. single. time.
    2. feeling strong and amazing on the daily
    3. running a 9 minute mile every so often and thinking to myself, "Dang girl"...
    4. Jumping higher, sprinting faster, running further than I ever have before
    5. Hearing that I am an inspiration from every corner of my life, even when I don't see it myself
    6. Gaining control of the hormonal monkey on my back and finally finding a method that works
  • Mtleiker
    Options
    i completely think switching it up is something i need to do... and thanks yall . its just so discouraging when you see these amazing people on tv that lost 20 lbs by exercising 6 days a week for 60 days!! (which i did for one month) which made me feel like i wasn't pushing it hard enough. i may have been naive for tht but im starting to see whats realistic. thanks guys
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i completely think switching it up is something i need to do... and thanks yall . its just so discouraging when you see these amazing people on tv that lost 20 lbs by exercising 6 days a week for 60 days!! (which i did for one month) which made me feel like i wasn't pushing it hard enough. i may have been naive for tht but im starting to see whats realistic. thanks guys

Never, ever, ever, ever believe what you see on TV. Ever.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You're doing great--two weeks isn't a plateau, either. Patience is a big part of losing weight, so is determination. Keep doing stuff the right way and things will shift. Just keep going and don't sweat the scale.
  • Mtleiker
    Options
    thanks every one even the tough love people lol :) ur all great
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I get that was as well. This morning I saw the success post 130 to 130 and was amazed. Sometimes I think the scale is bad. Discouraging when it doesn't move, even though my clothes are falling off. Kind of funny when I think about it that way. I really wish I would have measured when I started, so much better judge of the progress. Keep on trucking, don't give up.
  • CountryStrongNicole
    CountryStrongNicole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged... it is frustrating to be stuck on a plateau. I am saying this for you as much for me to remind myself of these same things. I am currently in week 5 of this plateau at this weight... and barely stepped off the plateau I was on prior for 6 months. Make changes in what your doing... look at your calorie levels, logging correctly of portions, and workout habits. And know that changes to anything you do will not necessarily show over night... but could take weeks to see a difference. Don't give up... remember your goals. Being healthier is still always a good goal. Also look at your NSVs... I have had some of the best compliments during this plateau which sounds crazy... but I am still working out continuously. I have had more people tell me I look like I lost a lot of weight because of changes to my shape besides having no change on the scale.

Keep moving... you can do this!