Replies

• kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Always, ALWAYS avocado for me! YUM!!
  • rockinrobyna
    rockinrobyna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about cottage cheese but also don't hate it. I usually mix mine with greek yogurt, tomatoes, or salsa (pico style)!
  • agibson0430
    agibson0430 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I usually buy reduced fat cottage cheese and one that also has the lowest sodium. I enjoy it with wheat thins.
  • mcmary0303
    Options
    I'm weird, but I love my cottage cheese with cut up tomatoes or tomato juice. Mmmmmmmm I'm going to buy some cottage cheese!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use the FF large curd (Kroger brand). I mix with fruits (peaches, pineapple, pears), I eat it alone with s&p, or with other veggies like tomato and cucumber. I also use it in place of mayo in things like tuna or chicken salad, or egg salad. If it is the texture that is off-putting to you, blend it up in a blender or food processor, or even just use a potato masher until you have the texture you want. Then you can add it to any food you like.(ie the scrambled eggs).
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I mix it in my scrambled eggs instead of milk. A sliced tomato and black pepper is another favorite. I also put it on my salads. Yummy!!!!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS mix my cottage cheese with Greek yogurt and Cereal. Looks Gross but tastes so YUMMMMMMMMY!!!:smile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and apple sauce
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i mix in blue cheese crumbles...love the tangy taste of the two together. I sometimes also mix the blue cheese crumbles with yogurt as well...call me crazy :P
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pepper

Mild salsa

Spinach - surprisingly filling

I can't add fruit...that's blasphemy.
  • nbailey3
    nbailey3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do alot with cottage cheese, my favorites are mixing it with my yogurt or with salsa.
  • Dustybugger
    Options
    The Axelrod brand non-fat cottage cheese with pineapple is my jam - there's no added sugar but it does contain aspartame. It's all ready to go for you.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The only way I like cottage cheese is with a ton of black pepper in it. I don't like it sweet.
  • Wvictory53
    Wvictory53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage with watermelon and on occasion I mix it with pineapples. Also, I have used it to mix in grits to add creaminess.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    My spoon.

Delicious.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I like to put capers on mine!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My spoon.

Delicious.

Agreed. I eat it straight out of the tub (handy for lunch when I'm stuck at my desk at work). Sometimes I'll also scoop it up with Ryvita crackers. And it's got to be the full-fat version. Still fairly low in calories and much nicer than the thin, runny low-fat versions.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm on the sweet side here. If i'm not putting blueberries in my cottage cheese, i'll mix in E.D Smith (No sugar added) "maple" syrup into it. SO YUM
  • sherry1943
    Options
    Hello, my name is Robin. You have to buy Fat Free Cottage Cheese, and you can mix fruit or tomatoes with cottage cheese. Doesn't matter if it's big curd or small curd, just so long as it's fat free.
    Write to me if you wish
    Robin
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like to put some marinara sauce and a bit of parmesan cheese and microwave it...

Also I like to use cottage cheese as a dip for corn chips.. for extra flavor you can add some ranch powder to the cottage cheese.

You can also puree cottage cheese and make some jell-o.. after you add the cold water to the jello, pur the jello in the blender with the pureed cottage cheese and then just let it go for a minute... let it chill to set up. It's an absolutely delicious dessert!

I don't love fruit in my cottage cheese though.. Never have.. yuck.