I'm 51, a recent widow, and taking care of my health!

Options
Hello,
I just recently started a healthy eating and exercise plan after my wonderful husband, Tony, died suddenly of a cardiac arrest in April of this year. No more will I take my health for granted. After only one week, I have lost 3 lbs! I exercise 5 times a week, and keeping track of what I eat through this wonderful website, My Fitness Pal. I have told everyone in my exercise group about this website and how putting my meals in everyday is keeping me in check and I am going to reach my goals and KEEP the weight off.
I'm "Just Blessed!"

Replies

• morgankristinem
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but I think its great what you've set out to do.
    Keep up the great work, and good luck!!!
  • gkelly58
    gkelly58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank You So Much, Morgankristinem, I just accidently came across this website and your respond was very kind. I appreciate support. I wish you well also.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I've found it to be a fantastic tool and I'm constantly amazed by the supportive people here.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. :frown:

You are amazing for taking such a tragic event and turning into inspiration to be the heathiest you that you can be. Welcome! We're all here to support you.
  • kathy499
    kathy499 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your husband. I just found out about this to and started yesterday. Good luck I know you can do it.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    welcome to MFP and good luck with your health! Women never fail to amaze me in their strength to carry on!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to honor your husband, take care of YOU!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sorry for your loss as well... my mom was not much older than you when my dad died a few years ago... and I know it is hard to think you have many years left and suddenly lose a spouse. Good for you for using this to take care of you! :)
  • gkelly58
    gkelly58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am honored by all who have replied. As I look at your own stories and profiles, I realize we ALL have a story to tell. Your stories are an encouragement to me. Thanks and Be Blessed!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your lost. I know that your husband must be proud of you, for taking control of your health. I do hope that you like My fitness pal as much as I do. Everyone is so motivating and Inspiring. I wish you nothing but the best on this journey. Many Blessings......
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I would imagine that your family is thrilled with your healthy lifestyle change! So sorry that you have lost your life partner, but it warms my heart to know that you are striving to live your life. I know you will be successful with your quest here on MFP !
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in October and it took me a couple of months to get over the shock, but I too have learned a valuable lesson and it is what motivates me to lose weight and become healthy. I wish you the best of luck and you have stumbled upon a wonderful site! Good luck!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us 50+er's over, check out the post for Women 50+ for July in the community. Glad to know you are taking care of yourself, we all need to so we can be there for our children and grandchildren.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome gkelly,

Sorry for your loss, but glad you made a decision to be healthier and that you found this website. It is life changing. I also invite you to check out the 50+ Women's thread. Here is a link to the June posting:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103027-women-ages-50-for-june?page=8#posts-1442485

To locate the new thread that will start later tonight or tomorrow morning for July, go to the link above, and once the new thread has started, a link to it will be posted so you can follow along. Since you are new to MFP, I will also mention that once you have posted on a thread, you will have that topic available to you in your my "topics section" in the community tab--makes it easier to follow along that way.