Just fat, no longer obese..HA!!

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
Have lost a total of 36 pounds since April 2nd....thought I would get "fat analyzed" --wish I had done this at the start but didn't really think about it....but today went and I am now 44.5% body fat--thank god I didn't go when I was 228# or the scale would have yelled for me to get off!! HA!! anyway, since weight loss poundage may slow now I thought getting my fat% number may be the way to get motivated now....to think my body before was probably way over half fat....My BMI is now 29.4...just under obese (now I'm just fat, HA!!!!)...anyway just thought I would post this incase anyone else hasn't had a chance to have this done....It may help you??:bigsmile:

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    I get my body fat analyzed on a Tania scale once a month. I paid $35 for the year and it's TOTALLY worth it! After you stand on the scale, it prints out a little ticker tape with all your stats on it. I keep mine on the refridgerator. I love seeing how it's changed month to month, and I REALLY love seeing my fat go down and my muscle go up. It's a great motivation tool.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Where do you go to get this done?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I get mine done periodically, too, through the Herbalife dealer I buy my protein shakes from. It's definitely interesting and a little scary. I last got mine done in early May but re-gained some, so I'm waiting until I'm down a little bit to check it again.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Where do you go to get this done?

You can get it done at a GNC. At least the ones in the ATL area, so I would think others would too? You can also buy scales that tell your body fat %. I guess they're accurate....I hope so because I use a Tanita one!
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    I didn't know you could go anywhere to have it done but I did use the BMI thing on this site. It was interesting to see where I stood.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    OP: WTG!!! That's great!!

To others:
    If you can't make it to a dr office or buy a scale, etc, try this website, http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html I think it's a bit more accurate than the BMI tool here. Good luck :)
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Congrats! I'm looking forward to that day when I can say the same!
  • mola71580
    mola71580 Posts: 11
    Options
    Excellent I'm so glad you did it! because it is way better to see the fat percent go down when the scale doesn't.
    Happens a lot if you are putting on muscle! Most fitness centers have fat testing equipment.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I just stood on a scale at the performance center (gym) offered at my place of work.....it was really great (but shoking) to see all the numbers they come up with....and will be nice to track my progress (and hopefully not worsening)...I am going to do this once a week because I think these # will probably be slow to decrease, but a decrease non the same will be encouraging....:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!