what do u eat

Options
so im goin grocery shoppen in about 2 hours, after kids are alseep, and i was wondering what are some good meals,
please nothing to complicated! or weird lol im just starting so i want to get like basic stuff,

i dont like fish or pita bread, but i found a good flat bread at aldi thats 100 calories and is actualy pretty good size.

Replies

• absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as I can, not too much meat. I'd go for seasonal veggies and fruits, breads without too many ingredients... Find some recipes that you like, or design your own whole-grain crust pizza, or whatnot, and get cooking! Cooking is so much fun and you really savor whatever it is you make. I know that's a little vague... but you are really the person who decides what a 'good meal' is. If you're really into calorie counts, there are websites with recipes and the calorie counts for a serving. :)
  • cbolinde4
    cbolinde4 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hear that you need a high calorie breakfast to get your day started, and then for lunch, eat a little less calories, and then for supper, eat the least amount.
    So, for my high calorie breakfast, I take strawberries, bananas, etc. and blend 'breakfast shakes'. I do it with yogurt, and some lactose-free milk (my preference), some honey clusters of oats (for rough-age/fiber) and ice. I make 5 or 6 Sunday night, pour them into large (@3 cups) plastic containers/glasses and freeze them. So, each morning I have a breakfast shake I can defrost and drink with a straw on my way to work/run errands, etc.
    I also did a Chocolate breakfast shake with milk, ice, and some chocolate morsels. It was a little more on the calories than I had expected, but it was so good!

Good luck and happy shopping!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hmmm...Well for snacks I like

Bananas
    Almonds
    Cheese sticks
    Grapes
    Cottage Cheese
    Jerky
    Berry Yogurt Smoothie

For meals I LOVE
    Wraps with the items listed below are my fav
    Salads with HOT salsa, cottage cheese, cheese, meat, Avacados
    Or a Salad with boiled egg, cheese, meat, Sun Dried Tomato vinegrette
    Almond Muffins for bkfst

Well that was just a few I could think of...good luck
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I eat turkey wraps quite often...

i use la tortilla factory low carb high fiber tortilla, a serving (sometimes less) of turkey, 1-2 pieces of turkey bacon and a slice of reduced fat cheese...sometimes i throw in some onion. Its really good, and low cal! :)

For sides, i have some cottage cheese, fresh fruit/vegetables. \

You can also use the tortilla or a low cal English muffin to make your own pizza---use fat free mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni---mushrooms, whatever you want on it!

good luck! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies, I buy something I've never had before each week so I can try something new. I was a very picky eater when younger, so my new foods are probably things you may have had, but I recently tried peach, plum, mango and Greek Yogurt (I personally didn't like the last two). It's my way of spicing things up without getting too crazy on random foods.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    8 grain pasta has 11g of fiber!
    Josephs whole wheat flax low carb tortillas
    No cal BBQ Sauce
    Cheese
    Almonds
    Cashews
    Quinoa
    Edamame
    Chick peas
    Chicken breast
    Lean ground turkey
    Tons of veggies
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It's a great time of year for fresh veggies. Just buy whatever you like and is on sale and throw in one of those steamer bags. Quick and easy. I mix'em all together. Onions, mushrooms, green beans, squash, etc. It's easy to cook a little or a lot if you need leftovers for lunch the next day. I use a little of the spray butter or molly mcbutter and other seasonings.

Also a great time to use the grill. Use skewers or just throw some stuff in foil.