The Weight-loss Struggles of a College Kid

Options
Hi, I'm Destinee. :) I'm currently around 230-lbs, trying to lose down to anywhere between 150-170. Oh, and I'm 5'6''. I'm just looking for some supportive friends who're also passionate about healthy eating, organic foods, etc. I'm also in college, as is obvious by the title, and that poses a pretty large obstacle in my weight-loss journey. I'm approaching a move to Wilmington, NC, (for college), where I'll undoubtedly be thrown into a more active, healthy lifestyle. I'm currently spending my last three or so months in my home town attempting to prepare myself for a new environment and the chance to make my own healthy choices. I'm friendly, so I'm open to any and all new friends.

If you're from Wilmington, that would be fantastic as well. :)

Replies

• MariaJenea
    Options
    Hey Destinee! I'm from Pennsylvania but currently live in Wilmington! It's a beautiful city! I just recently joined My Fitness Pal and Lady Fitness of Wilmington Gym (in the Monkey Junction Area). I am around 5' 6" and weigh around 165. When I moved here from PA I gained close to 35 pounds! It's hard living in a beach town with all the beautiful people around! Let me know if you ever need a workout buddy or some motivation!!!
  • country4evr
    country4evr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Destinee!
    I am from Virginia and I am moving to Florida for my last two years of college. I am trying to loose weight as well because my campus is less than one mile from the beach. Over the last two years of college I have gain almost 40lbs. Good Luck With Your schooling and your fitness!