My first run in probably a year

Options
tpelaez
tpelaez Posts: 15 Member
I just came back from running with a friend... it's the first time I've pushed myself to run in over a year... it's certainly been a rough one, I'm glad I feel like I don't have to hide in my room anymore. I miss running (even though my calves are burning!) and I'm really excited to train for the 5K I'll be running in September.

Replies

• Nikz99
    Nikz99 Posts: 8
    Options
    GREAT!!! How good that must feel!
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    Awesome, both that you pushed yourself tonight and that you're doing a 5k later! :)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Great job-- way to push!!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    YYYYYYAYYY! Nothing beats a runners high! WTG Keep it up and you'll be flying through your 5k! :D
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yey you go girl! Get em' sista!!!!!!
  • Bmused02
    Bmused02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm proud of you!:smile:
  • crcartwr
    crcartwr Posts: 5
    Options
    i've always wanted to be a runner, but never really enjoyed it. i see my friends that have taken it up, and they look great! i think, after reading your post, i need to give it a go...a serious go...and work my way into actually maybe even liking it a little :) THANKS!

keep up the great work, and keep me posted on your new running adventures!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I just came back from running with a friend... it's the first time I've pushed myself to run in over a year... it's certainly been a rough one, I'm glad I feel like I don't have to hide in my room anymore. I miss running (even though my calves are burning!) and I'm really excited to train for the 5K I'll be running in September.

Go for it! Don't overdo the training though, please don't.

Such a good feeling to get back into something you obviously used to really enjoy. All the very best with your training and eventually the 5k in September!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!