losing 14lb in 6 weeks

Options
Hi has anyone got any tips on losing a stone in 6 weeks safely. i have my mothers wedding to go to and i really need to quickly get some pounds off. but i want to do it safely. if anyone has any tips i would be gateful
thanjsr

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's possible if you have 75 or 100 pounds to lose. It's a rather unrealistic goal that would require drastic, not completely healthy methods to obtain if you have less than 50 to go. Sorry.
  • kayrich75
    kayrich75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry im not sure i understand what you mean. i only want to loose 14lb in 6 weeks not 50 or 100
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    She means that it's easier to lose weight when you are larger and have more weight to lose. If you've ever watched Biggest Loser, they start out with really big numbers in the beginning, but then it gets harder and harder to lose the weight.

I think that you could lose 14 lbs in two weeks if you eat clean and exercise like an hour 6 days a week. It's worth a try :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Sorry im not sure i understand what you mean. i only want to loose 14lb in 6 weeks not 50 or 100
    If you have 75 or 100 lbs to lose total, then 14 lbs in 6 weeks is fairly realistic. If you have 14 lbs in total to lose, then it's not realistic/healthy to expect to lose that in 6 weeks.

I would create a small calorie deficit (aim to lose 0.5 lbs a week) and consider strength training if you don't already. That shoulc make a difference to what you look like, even if you don't all the weight. Losing 14 lbs in 6 weeks, if you're a healthy weight already, or close to it - you would risk losing too much lean mass, which won't help your appearance.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I think that you could lose 14 lbs in two weeks if you eat clean and exercise like an hour 6 days a week. It's worth a try :)
    Are you serious? That's awful advice. If she only has 14 lbs to lose, there's no way she's going to lose 7 lbs of fat in a week, and not seriously risk her health.
  • kayrich75
    Options
    I do exercise 7 days a week im just not so good at eating less. i need to stick to a really rigid diet plan. thanks for the advice
  • kayrich75
    Options
    I have 3 stone in all to lose from now but i want to lose the first by my mums wedding in 6 weeks.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to a healthy weight, the harder it is to drop that amount of weight quickly. 14lbs in 6 weeks, you'd have to lose more than 2 lbs a week. I don't think there is a healthy or safe way to do that. Sorry :-/
  • kayrich75
    Options
    Im nowhere near a healthy weight yet but i ill probably aim to lose 1.5lb a week instead then just buy a magisculpt dress for the wedding
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    I read a book called The Science of Skinny. It's about eating clean. Cutting out processed foods. Fruit and veggies should be in the rawest state possible as cooking depletes important nutrients. Eating lean proteins and all grains should be whole grain. You learn how your body's chemistry works with food. And yes, sugar is okay! Just in a natural state like fruit and in moderation. The author was 4'4" 210lbs and lost 100lbs and has kept it off for over 20 years!

I also noticed that you have 5 children so this is a lifestyle that you can adapt and share with your children! Just really healthy eating without processed junk food! There are so many great resources on the Internet for clean/ healthy snacks and recipes that you can do as a family! You will notice a change in your weight once you cut out the processed food that contains so much sugar, sodium and ingredients that you can't pronounce! A good rule is something with multiple ingredients should be 5 or less and things you can pronounce!

I believe with clean eating and cardio/strength training you would see a significant change in 6 weeks. Focus on inches as well and how you feel, not just the scale as muscle weighs more yet takes up less space! You will fit into your favorite dress and feel better in no time! Hope this helps!
  • kayrich75
    Options
    Yes thank you. i know its ridiculous but i apply all that clean healthy living to my children. they dont eat junk food and crap im just not so good with myself. but im gonna give it a good go
    thank you
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Outside of starving yourself, this is not possible. Your expectations are too high.

EDIT: I saw that you were going to aim for 1.5 a week and buy a wedding dress thing to help compensate. Sounds like a good plan!