Need more supportive and positive friends!

Options
I've noticed that, like many social websites, there are a lot of people on here who are negative or totally quiet and don't really offer support. I feel like I'm a pretty good "friend" on here when it comes to commenting on people's statuses when they get exercise in, have a good day, need encouragement, etc., but not everyone on here is like that. I have weeded out quite a few friends lately due to this, and have held on to all the good ones, but my friends list is quite diminished and I like feeling the support from my fellow MPF-ers. If you are motivated and like offering support to others, as well as looking for friends who will do the same, feel free to add me! I am not worried about how little or much people have to lose, I am in this for the long haul, even after I meet my goal weight.

Replies

• slimnfit613
    slimnfit613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am not new new to MFP, but starting over. I had problems in the past with being supportive to my MFP's, but getting no support back. We all need encouragement. good luck on your weight loss journey.

:flowerforyou:
  • TLocke1
    TLocke1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post. I have been using MFP on my phone for a long time and only in the last few weeks started using it on my computer. I'm just starting to find EVERYTHING that it has to offer! I think this support system of people who are ALL doing the same thing is pretty awesome!
  • abbirose13
    abbirose13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me hun. I am on here everyday sprinkling a whole load of positivity, support and motivation to all my friends, would love to make you, or anybody else one of them xx
  • reinventedme45
    Options
    I am new and could really use the support. I have a lot of weight to lose and kinda feel overwhelmed. All support is welcome!
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    Don't worry there are a lot of positive people out there, with losing weight and changing your lifestyle you will get a lot of positive reactions, you may even inspire someone else. This community is great!
  • ninessential
    Options
    Hey :)) I think I'm kinda cool. I'm always looking for people who are into this site and that comment and stuff. I'm def not the kinda person that'll rain on your parade if you post something like you had a bad day or whatever. I'll try to motivate ya. Anyways feel free if ya like.
  • PrincessZayy
    PrincessZayy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Lindsey and I'm new too. Friends would be great for accountability so if you're up to it feel to talk to me (:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • annAsami
    annAsami Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey, I completely understand! I am looking for the same people! I would love to add you and anyone else feeling the same way!!
  • adamdlc
    adamdlc Posts: 34
    Options
    add me .. im on everyday
  • MChristie3
    Options
    I will add you, I'm looking for more positive support and I comment on a lot of things too.
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and would love some supportive friends! I'm definitely positive and will log on everyday, anyone feel free to add me :)
  • dh7474
    dh7474 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me:) I have been on here since oct. 2012 and offer lots of support , and like it in return :)
    Have a wonderful Day !!!!
  • Hossie79
    Hossie79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new and supportive friends! Its great to get ideas and its great to get support when you are having those tough days and the awesome ones! Anyone can add me as well!
  • hazypea
    hazypea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too.... i'm dieting but training for a half marathon..... I feel overweight (I want to lose a stone) but of course the system keeps telling me to up my calories..... i just can't fit that many calories in the day! Happy to be added as a friend to anyone on here who wants some support xx
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too.

But I have some really great friends and could always use more good peeps. You are welcome to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • TracyCunningham23
    Options
    Looking to motivate and help people in their weight loss journey just as I am looking for the same! Love working out food is a struggle but I feel I'm not doing to bad. Excited to meet new friends!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. All those little pats on the back and high fives help us stay motivated.
  • Natalielp15
    Options
    Sent a request :) I'm fairly new so I'm looking for supportive and positive friends too!
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    I'm always available for new friends! :)