The Baked Bean Diet

Options
Hi Guys and Gals i have just finished my first week starting at 290lbs and weighing in today at 276.5lbs yes thats right ive lost a massive 13.5 lbs just under a stone in a week,

so the reason i have put up a post is that i have been asked how i did this,

so -

i have mainly lived on baked beans the cheaper the better as they have less sugar the brand i use (tesco value beans) have only 210kcals for a whole tin

so for breakfast i eat beans on unbuttered toast 1 slice at a small total of 210kcals for the meal followed by a piece of fruit about 80 kcals and a glass of water.

same for Lunch

for dinner i normally eat weetabix with fruit again weetabit x2 with semo skimmed milk 125ml is about 135 kcals followed by fruit 80kcals

later to snack on i eat again more toast with a bacon and liver pate spread with is about 150kcals with a glass of water

this is a daily total of 945kcals

i personnaly do think this is not a long term diet as i can imagine thier are a lot of important groups being missed in a healthy diet but it does work i have seen very rapid results also my friend lost 3 stone in 9 weeks on the baked bean diet and kept it off

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Holy crap. I apologize -- I can't even try to be positive about this one. What a horribly unhealthy diet.

Most folks drop a *lot* of weight their first week and honestly a lot of it is water. I believe I lost around 10 or 11 pounds my first week and I didn't eat a single baked bean. :wink:
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    :noway:
  • cthomas1967
    Options
    Sorry, there are no "quick fixes" for losing weight and keeping it off. You need to learn what to eat, how much to eat, and how much to exercise. This site is ideal for that. Eating in a way that you'll never be able to maintain is a certain path to a "yo-yo" diet where you'll gain back whatever you lose.

I hope you'll get on a better path soon.