Trader Joe's

Options
What are your favorite things to purchase at Trader Joe's?

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like to buy chia seeds, coconut oil, and on occasion, some frozen Indian dishes.

Also, their chicken potstickers are crazy good.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.

But, for meals, I've been buying their wanton soup, the just grilled chicken, and the vegetable medley. YUM!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Geez I wish there was one, or something comparable, where I live in Canada...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I always buy myself a bunch of flowers. <3

Things I like to keep on hand are trail mix and almond butter. Just started buying some of their other products, like chia seeds, etc.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    the newspaper (its the cheapest thing in there)
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Joe's because it gives me great alternatives to snack foods. Veggie sticks, roasted seaweed, inner peas. Their hummus is great.

And whatever they do with their little frozen Indian entrees is good enough for me.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    hummus
    96% lean ground beef
    whole wheat bread (keep it in the fridge it lasts longer)
    rolls
    steel cut oats
    basil
    olive oil
    house whip (whipped topping)
    cheese
    string cheese
    pizza dough
    wine
    wine
    wine
    did i say wine. LOL
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate - frozen kale and spinach - shrimp skewers - chicken skewers - cheese - eggs - chicken/turkey hot dogs - egg white salad - chocolate covered frozen bananas (not very often, but they are so tasty)
  • j_bark
    Options
    And Powerberries.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Vegetable samosas mmm so good. Their tahini-free hummus is really good and lower calorie due to the tahini-free-ness.

And omg the frozen croissants - both chocolate and almond are amazing.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    And Powerberries.

those chocolate covered powerberries are effing amazing.

I like the frozen indian food quite a bit, most of the freezer stuff is decent but there are a few great things and a few less-good things. The kung pao chicken is pretty ok and its quick, so we usually set the rice cooker going before we go to the gym, and then when we get back wej ust have to stir fry up the chicken and its gtg.

We also get a lot of cheese there, my husband swears the string cheese there is DEEPLY SUPERIOR to other brands.
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All of it! But in my cart, among others things you will invariably find:

Italian Truffle Cheese
    Tzatziki
    Flatbread
    Orange Chicken
    Brown Rice (the frozen kind)
    Organic Reduced Sugar Blackberry Preserves
    Oatmeal & Honey Soap
  • complexB
    complexB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Organic arugula, spinach and Romaine hearts
  • dmg051202
    dmg051202 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, coconut milk, jalapeno cheese crunchies, herb popcorn, corn tortillas, frozen chicken, mushrooms, spinach, brown rice gluten free pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, eggs, pesto, black beans, garbanzo beans, wine.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wine! :laugh:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Veggie Masala Burgers
    Salsa
    Chicken Andoullie sausage
    Various specialty cheeses

and chocolate toffee with pistachios (which my husband has to hide from me and then mete out by special request!)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Staples are plain greek yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, almond milk, shelled edamame, chicken sicilian sausages. I try (but am not always successful) to avoid all the snacks and prepared foods.
  • j_bark
    Options
    I love edamame, but usually steamed in the shell with salt. How does the already shelled hold up?
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like the brown rice and barley blend that is in the freezer section. I always have some in my freezer! I also like the frozen veggie polenta. I saute some shrimps and red/green peppers then stir in the frozen polenta and cook...sooooo yummy!