P90x day 15 photos. SoOOoo excited!!

Options
robinp00
robinp00 Posts: 36 Member
Here are some day and day 15 photos I took to track my progress. I haven't been following it as closely as I probably should, but here are my stats:

Goals:
Calories: 2200
Carbs: 180
Fats: 53
Protein: 300 (ridiculous!)
Sugars: 49
Sodium: 2400

Actuals (average):
Calories: 2100
Carbs: 210
Fats: 70
Protein: 160
Sugars: 60
Sodium: 1500

Summary of my workout modifications:
- I've been pretty good with the diet, give or take a few cheat days.
- Played a round of golf each week, which is apparently 1500 calories
- Ran 5km twice a week.

Here are the photos:

Front:
4744799328_3ea2dcdb75.jpg

Side:
4744160711_fcc3491a4d.jpg

Twist:
4744160675_a0a9a06c1c.jpg

Back: (I'm flexing a bit on the second photo, but only cuz I saw the other ones and got carried away!)
4744799212_c3006a532f.jpg

I was eating REALLY poorly before P90x, so I'm glad I have this nutrition book and MFP to help me change my diet for the better. Honestly, I think I was at 3000+ calories per day, easily over 100 fat, over 4000 sodium, and all fried and packaged foods. Ugh... can't even stomach those things anymore!

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Wow dude! OMG you can totally see all kinds of muscles developing there and showing now! You've definitely been doing something right!!! I hope I look as good as you when I get to my "new" day 15!!! You look awesome!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Very impressive!! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • angelicarebels
    angelicarebels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm excited for you thats so awesome!!! , I think I may get this ;))
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    This is from only 15 days apart??? Holy crap man you are going to truly rock when you finish the 90 days!!! I did this program but did not eat like I should have so of course I did not get the results!!! Way to go and keep it up!!!
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I just finish doing Kenpo and came online to log info! Your Nutrition is off the hook...Keep it up!!!
  • brookekedd
    brookekedd Posts: 14
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go! I just started P90X (again). How do you log your workouts on MFP? Would you consider it strength training?? I'm not sure how to tell how many calories I am burning. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the motivation!
  • robinp00
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I'm hoping these photos can motivate those of you who are not seeing results. You have all been my motivation to keep at it and give it my all!

It's definitely a struggle every day to keep on top of the exercises, but I do what Tony says and "just keep pushing play," Even if I don't feel like working out, I push play and watch it.. after about 5 mins I come to my senses, jump back to the start and join the workout.

I think the nutrition part of the program is the biggest source of good results. It's a lot easier to eliminate 500 calories from your diet than it is to spend an hour on P90x. I saw a big decrease in my weight (6-7 lbs) before even starting the program, but just following the nutrition. Once I started the workouts I've been pretty much constant at 152 as muscle replaces the fat.

re: brookekedd: I put all the workouts under 'cardio' and use my heart rate monitor to track my calories burned. There are some very inexpensive ones you can buy at walmart or best buy, but I got a good deal on a Timex off ebay.
  • robinp00
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also incorporating the "Abs Power Diet" into my nutrition plan:

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/withemail/power12.html
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post and motivation, Today was day one for me with p90X, wow lots of pullups and pushups, had to modify more than half, but Im looking forward to the entire excercise by Day 90...
    Hope to follow your progress..
    Thanks for sharing!
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    You have just motivated me to start P90X again today.. I did it for like 3 weeks a couple months ago but I got extremly bored of it and doing it for an hour was a pain! Well here I go..!
  • brookekedd
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to check out the "Abs Power Diet". Keep up what you are doing. It is definately working!
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    That's impressive. You're right, the diet part is so important. Well I'm going to start today on the lean program. Wish me luck. I best read up on the nutrition part!! How did you figure out your nutrition goals?
  • robinp00
    Options
    That's impressive. You're right, the diet part is so important. Well I'm going to start today on the lean program. Wish me luck. I best read up on the nutrition part!! How did you figure out your nutrition goals?

You will need pages 2 and 5 of the nutritional guide.

Page 2: Protein, Carbs, Fat
    The percentages change based on your phase within the P90x program.
    Phase 1: Protein 50%, Carbs 30%, Fats 20%
    Phase 2: Protein 40%, Carbs 40%, Fats 20%
    Phase 3: Protein 20%, Carbs 60%, Fats 20%
    Enter these amounts on the nutritional settings of MFP to arrive at your amounts for each day.

Page 5: Caloric intake
    1. Calculate your RMR - resting metabolic rate [body weight x 10]
    2. Calculate your daily activity burn [RMR x 20%]
    3. Add the calories required for your exercise needs [RMR + Daily activity burn + 600 = Energy Amount]
    4. Use the energy amount to determine your nutrition level in the table:
    1800 to 2399 = 1800 calories per day (Level 1)
    2400 to 2999 = 2400 calories per day (Level 2)
    3000+ = 3000 calories per day. (Level 3)

Good luck on the program! A coworker of mine started the lean program yesterday and she loves it already!
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    That's fantastic, Bear! You're a real inspiration. I don't have P90x, but this definitely makes me want it!
  • fraochin
    fraochin Posts: 48
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic! Must see if you can get the programme in Ireland! Well done you!
  • brookekedd
    Options
    I have a hard time getting myself to eat that many calories, so I have not been following the nutrition part of P90X. 1800 seems like a lot! Do I just need to trust it and eat that much??
  • FIREfitGrl27
    FIREfitGrl27 Posts: 199
    Options
    THose are awesome pics, guy!!!
    We are on Day 9 as of today and I'm waiting to see changes!
    Way to go! :)
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    OK ladies, so I found out that the P90x nutrition guidelines are not really geared toward women's bodies. You should try to maintain a 40/40/20 ratio of carbs, protein, fat in the first part of the program. Their calorie guidelines may be more than you need. Here's the article I found: http://www.pressplayfitness.com/?p=2105

I've figured out my calorie needs to be between 1600-1800- that is with me doing the program every day. It factors in the exercise calories. So basically, I'll burn anywhere between 500-600 calories a day, which is leaving me at approximately 1200 calories net. Which is pretty much what MFP had recommended for me. And say, I don't exercise at all, I really shouldn't be eating more than the 1200 calories. Hope that helps.
  • brookekedd
    Options
    Candican-Thanks for the info! I'll have to check out that website!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!