What do you mix with cottage cheese?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm considering getting cottage cheese to mix with fruit for a snack during the day.
    What kind do you use and what kind of fruit do you mix with it? I have never bought it before.....

Eeew.. fruit mixed with cottage cheese sounds horrible to me.

I like fat free cottage cheese with salt sprinkled on top.

I do NOT recommend Kraft cottage cheese. It is horrible.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm considering getting cottage cheese to mix with fruit for a snack during the day.
    What kind do you use and what kind of fruit do you mix with it? I have never bought it before.....

Try some pineapple. There was a recipe I had from the Girl Scouts--think Waldorf salad, but served IN a hollowed-out apple. Apple, mayo, cottage cheese, raisins, and nuts--but forgot the proportions.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love chopped tomatoes with mine. Or some shelled sunflower seeds (like on the salad bar) with a couple crushed club crackers. LOVE cottage cheese :)

*forgot to add the kraft simply cottage cheese I didn't like as much. Different taste. But you may prefer it, to each his own I just wanted you to know it is a bit different.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like the low fat small curd store brands. I eat it with peaches, strawberries, pears, mixed fruit, bananas, salsa with tostitos to dip in it,with garlic an pepper, on an English muffin pizza with turkey sausage yummm, in chili in place of sour cream and cheese, in tacos and fajitas again in place of sour cream and cheese.
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is one of my very favorites. Low-fat or fat-free, usually. <3
    Even though I love it plain I like it many ways, including with:
    tomatoes
    light ranch dressing (just a smidge)
    onion powder
    celery salt
    on a bagel with sliced tomatoes and black pepper
    on top of my salad

I like it more as a savory dish, but it's not bad with strawberries and/or fruity preserves.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I never mix it with fruit. I like it as a savory snack. So I put salt and pepper on it. :wink:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I dunk stoneground whole wheat crackers in nonfat cottage cheese.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pineapple .. mmmmmm

I just had to come say ICK!!

:sick:

My Mom eats it with pineapple and pepper! I just cannot get over the way it looks.. you all enjoy your icky cottage cheese! :tongue:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

I do NOT recommend Kraft cottage cheese. It is horrible.

I love the Aldi cottage cheese. Their curds are perfect.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Berries and gelatin, or sliced apple an cinammon.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    TUNA!! So good!! And very filling. Absolute fave way to eat it. I also enjoy it as a salad topper, along with sunflower seeds. You can also blend some cottage cheese with egg white and oatmeal and cinnamon and make a pancake...also yum!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas! I like mine with hot sauce (Sriracha especially) because I like everything with hot sauce.
  • MuellerMom74
    MuellerMom74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, peaches, applesauce....I also love to eat it alongside my tomato-y pastas as a side dish. So good.....
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    blueberries! or hot sauce. :explode:
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    cottage cheese and peaches! :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Really spicy tomato salsa :D
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Inside an egg white omelette for a high protein snack.

On top of ginger nut or digestive biscuits (graham crackers for you US folks) as a sweet treat - tastes like cheese cake.

Whizzed up with protein powder, cinnamon, stevia and egg white to make protein pancakes or waffles.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    grapes,roasted almonds
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Can't believe no one has mentioned lemon pepper!!! The only way I eat my cottage cheese. So yummy
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat 170g packs of the 4% (don't have a skim option here in Holland) with a packet of Splenda. If not Splenda then I do a low sugar fruit like blueberries or raspberries. I eat cottage cheese every day!