Why Am I Still Hungry ???

Options
Im 5'2 pear shaped at 165lbs. I eat 1600 calories/Day (which i split up into 4 healthy meals) i eat my carbs for the first half of the day and proteins and veggies for the second half of the day. Yet i am still hungry- no STARVING with headaches between meals... its like i've never ate at all ! why is this ? I dont exercise that much so nothing is burned off . I dont want to go over my calorie limit and eat way more than i should.. idk what to do... HELP ...........................

Replies

• scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Move some of your protein to the first half of the day. If I start my day with only carbs, well the carb monster rears its ugly head, and it's a very difficult day. Protein helps to keep me full.
  • rebeccalouu
    Options
    Can you make your diary open so we can actually see what your eating?
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when I'm hungry, it's just because I'm bored. Ironically, to lose weight you need to think about food 10x more than you ever did before. And when food is always on your mind, it'll be the first thing you think about when you're bored. Just keep yourself occupied, stay out and about.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would say you need a more balance of protein and carbs throught the whole day.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I make sure I eat protein at every meal. My doctor told me to do that because it would keep me full. Best. advice. ever! I never paid attention to protein before, but sure enough, it's the one thing that keeps my hunger in check. Protein has stopped my binge eating, too.

And this doesn't mean I have to shovel meat at every meal. Breakfast is usually a soy-based protein shake, maybe some low-fat yogurt. Lunch can be low-fat mozzarella cheesticks, greek yogurt, nuts, etc, Beans are also an excellent source. But, I'm not vegetarian, so I eat meat too.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary open so we can actually see what your eating?
    >2013
    >asking why you're hungry without opening your diary
    >ishygddts
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You should eat protein at every meal. Protein takes longer to digest which will keep you full longer. Try Greek yogurt with fresh berries and slivered almonds for breakfast or lunch, tastes great and satisfies both the carb and protein dilemma.
  • MeowPow24
    Options
    good advice i'm just scared eating carbs late in the day would stunt my progress for some reason
  • MeowPow24
    Options
    Greek yogurt is VERY filling i agree !
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Move some of your protein to the first half of the day. If I start my day with only carbs, well the carb monster rears its ugly head, and it's a very difficult day. Protein helps to keep me full.

Alternatively, you could eat nothing in the first half of the day, teach your body that the 'hunger' its feeling is habit, boredom, thirst, or any of the two dozen other more likely things it probably is other than real 'hunger' (I mean..come on, did you eat dinner? Is it still in your stomach digesting in the morning? Do you REALLY believe the 'morning grumble' is your body telling you it's starving to death??)...and save your calories for more satisfying, healthy meals of an afternoon/evening.

*shrug*
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    "Starving with headaches," if I read that right, sounds to me like withdrawal symptoms. Is this a new diet for you? Did you cold turkey cut off caffiene, sugar, or fat?

Could also be a medical issue. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Recent science indicates that fructose consumption, which finds its way into a lot of our food as "high fructose corn sugar," results in appetite stimulation. Also, for some folks (including me) artificial sweeteners are appetite stimulants. I've had to cut out my diet coke for the most part.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you need to snack between meals, and exercise so you can earn more calories.
  • MeowPow24
    Options
    i just key in the quick calories but an example of what i eat would be :
    MEAL 1: Greek yogurt (100 calorie), Oatmeal 2 packs (130 calories each)
    MEAL 2: Baked Potatoes (300 calories)
    MEAL 3: 4oz. Ground Turkey (240 calories), 8oz. Broccoli 30 calories
    MEAL 4: Greek Yogurt (100 calorie) , Ground Turkey (240 calories) Baked Carrots (25 Calories)
    && 1/2 Gallon Of Water thorughout the day....
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    you need to snack between meals, and exercise so you can earn more calories.

Why snack between meals? What is the benefit?

Exercising to eat more is definitely a reasonable option...but most often, people choose long bouts of steady state cardio for this, as it 'burns more calories'...which can have a hormonal impact that some believe (myself included) are counter productive to fat loss in general.
  • MeowPow24
    Options
    its a new diet to me and i eat normally
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Starving with a headache is pretty common. Low blood sugar and/or not enough water can cause it. When you are hungry for extended periods of time, blood sugar drops which usually triggers a headache, and you don't have to be hypoglycemic, either. Anyone can get hunger headaches.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some hard boiled eggs, those are very filling. Peanut butter, just a tablespoon with a banana is a good filling mini meal too.
    I don't subscribe to the carbs after a certain time myth. I have my greek yoghurt before bed, but I also have carrots, an apple and an egg. Those items fill me up, especially with a hot drink. Maybe try upping to 1700 and see if that helps. Also of note is that exercise can actually help control appetite. I find bouts of intense exercise help me greatly with the hunger and appetite issue.
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    protein, protein and more protein. I only eat 1/2 cup of corn pasta for my carbs at dinner.
    I have no appetite.

The newest research out says eating many small meals a day is not as great as everyting thinks it is. May wanna do a little research and see if mauybe that is not the best way for you.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    The newest research out says eating many small meals a day is not as great as everyting thinks it is. May wanna do a little research and see if mauybe that is not the best way for you.

:)