Small Victory - Chow down, Write down

Options
My simple victory is that I have logged for 5 days straight! Go me! Go me! Go me! (maybe I can add this little dance to my exercise log).

So people would tell me that writing down everything you ate actually helped you loose weight. BLAH right! whatever! with a big "W". But, um...it's true. If it passes these lips it goes on my food log. Realization: I do eat a lot. :noway:

I am closer to reaching my first, yet simple, goal - to consistently and honestly log my food for 2 weeks straight. 5 days so far and even I am surprised. :bigsmile:

Replies

• hjackson6
    hjackson6 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job I know that I realized to how much I was really eating when I had to log it all. Good luck.
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Great job! Continued luck!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Imagine what you WOULD have been consuming if you were not writing it all down? THAT, my friend, IS a big step! Congrats! YAY YOU!!!:drinker:
  • deborahmora
    Options
    My hero! I have been ..."preparing myself" to start logging for many...many weeks now. Today was day 1.
  • smm9020
    smm9020 Posts: 12
    Options
    It's actually fun! One day whoot whoot! If I can anyone can (sounds like a line from a commercial)
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    Thats great!!!! :flowerforyou:

I for one always stuggle to write something down when I know it's going to take a big chunk of my calories...but I know that ignoring it is what got me here in the first place so I bite the bullet and write it down.

I think that this goal is a fabulous one to have when you first start out! Congrats!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My simple victory is that I have logged for 5 days straight! Go me! Go me! Go me! (maybe I can add this little dance to my exercise log).

So people would tell me that writing down everything you ate actually helped you loose weight. BLAH right! whatever! with a big "W". But, um...it's true. If it passes these lips it goes on my food log. Realization: I do eat a lot. :noway:

I am closer to reaching my first, yet simple, goal - to consistently and honestly log my food for 2 weeks straight. 5 days so far and even I am surprised. :bigsmile:

That is exactly how I started! What an eye opener, huh? I was really bad though..........carry out 2x a day (could have paid off the mortgage with what I was spending!) Fat, sodium, calories..........oh my!

So proud of you to start this journey. You will NOT be sorry when you feel healthier and yes-prettier!

Need anything, let me know, ok?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!