Benefits of Chia Seeds and Juicing

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
I saw a news story the other day that goes into detail on the benefits of juicing and chia seeds.....I know there are some doubters but it references multiple studies that clearly show there is evidence to show their benefits. I found a link to the news story on-line and wanted to share with everyone. Seems like maybe Dr. Oz does know what he is talking about. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Alls I know is if it comes in the regular shape of Chia Pets, I want it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Alls I know is if it comes in the regular shape of Chia Pets, I want it.

You eat them. They come out in all kinds of fun shapes....
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day of juicing, my goal is 19 days. So far I feel really good. The first day was super hard, but it is slowly getting easier. I've also heard of the benefits of chia seeds. I couldn't find any to blend in with my juice so I bought the vitamin instead. Good stuff!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I have become obsessed with chia seeds. I love them. I put them on my Ezekiel bread with almond butter and bananas every morning, so yum. I blend, I do not juice. I do it as as a supplement to my diet, not as my diet. I like having the extra fiber in my diet, plus it keeps me full longer than juice does, but I do love me some apple, carrot, celery juice for sure.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz really is a man of the people.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I saw a news story the other day that goes into detail on the benefits of juicing and chia seeds.....I know there are some doubters but it references multiple studies that clearly show there is evidence to show their benefits. I found a link to the news story on-line and wanted to share with everyone. Seems like maybe Dr. Oz does know what he is talking about. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Darn you Jac. Darn you.

:grumble:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day of juicing, my goal is 19 days. So far I feel really good. The first day was super hard, but it is slowly getting easier. I've also heard of the benefits of chia seeds. I couldn't find any to blend in with my juice so I bought the vitamin instead. Good stuff!!

GrumpyNo_zps177922dd.jpg
  • amber_michelle30
    Options
    Yeah when i stopped eating for a month i lost 19lbs of muscle and my body looked like crap.

Sucks for you!! If that happens to me...then I'll apologize.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Yeah when i stopped eating for a month i lost 19lbs of muscle and my body looked like crap.
    Sucks for you!! If that happens to me...then I'll apologize.

That's a loss of 4.5lbs a week of solid muscle mass. It will happen to you, you're not consuming enough calories to support your muscle mass.

Did you measure your body fat before you started? If you did, measure it after you're done, you'll see.

Wow, she kind of deserves whatever she gets.
  • amber_michelle30
    Options
    I eat about 1400 calories a day and that's with eating back what I burn from working out. It really does suck that it didn't work for you, but everyone's body responds differently. I have read and read about this before starting and the benefits are worth the risk.As for the hateful comment, "she deserves what she gets," you know nothing about me so why do you even feel the need to say something like that?? your ugly is showing through!! Maybe you should do your own research before stating your opinion.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm never gonna give them up.
  • mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    watch the documentary called fat, sick and nearly dead its about juicing.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I regularly use chia seeds and whole-food juicing (Nutri-Bullet) with a balanced diet and have been more than happy with both. I love the squishy texture of the seeds after they've been floating in my juice for a while :blushing: They keep me full while I'm at work (a chocolate factory) so I don't feel tempted to nibble the wares :noway: tiny chocolate tidbits mean bad things! LOL
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    watch the documentary called fat, sick and nearly dead its about juicing.

That one let me down.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I love how people wildly swing from eating Big Macs, a large fry and a super sized Coke with plenty of potato chips and donuts, to juicing and juice fasts . . . as if there is no middle ground of eating a reasonably balanced diet of vegetables, fruit, lean meats, grains and dairy . . . with some ice cream and pop tarts still thrown in for sanity's sake.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I eat about 1400 calories a day and that's with eating back what I burn from working out. It really does suck that it didn't work for you, but everyone's body responds differently. I have read and read about this before starting and the benefits are worth the risk.As for the hateful comment, "she deserves what she gets," you know nothing about me so why do you even feel the need to say something like that?? your ugly is showing through!! Maybe you should do your own research before stating your opinion.

Let me phrase it this way, what do you expect from 19 days of juicing and where do you go after that? What is your plan? A healthy diet, fitness, and over-all health are goals that take a life-long commitment. Nothing you do for 19 days is going to help over the long run if doesn't turn into permanent change to a healthy lifestyle. It's very easy to fall for the quick fix but I'd strongly suggest you speak to those of us who have made lasting changes.
  • amber_michelle30
    Options

Let me phrase it this way, what do you expect from 19 days of juicing and where do you go after that? What is your plan? A healthy diet, fitness, and over-all health are goals that take a life-long commitment. Nothing you do for 19 days is going to help over the long run if doesn't turn into permanent change to a healthy lifestyle. It's very easy to fall for the quick fix but I'd strongly suggest you speak to those of us who have made lasting changes.
    I was eating very healthy before this and will be afterwards too. I'm not doing this to go eat a Big Mac afterward. This is my way of cleaning out all those bad things I ate for years. I wouldn't do all this to go eat a pop tart!!
  • BeachIron
    Options

I was eating very healthy before this and will be afterwards too. I'm not doing this to go eat a Big Mac afterward. This is my way of cleaning out all those bad things I ate for years. I wouldn't do all this to go eat a pop tart!!

If you were eating healthy before this, then what bad things do you need to clean out?
  • KatLifter
    Options

If you were eating healthy before this, then what bad things do you need to clean out?

^^^ This. And if you put down someone (Pu) who was trying to help you, that's YOUR ugly showing through. Not mine for backing him up.