How do YOU calculate exercise??

Options
Hi - I am new here.

I was wondering how you calculate your exercise output - do you "count" general everyday "stuff" like cleaning, cooking, etc. Do you "count" the 10,000 steps you step in a day? Or do you just "count" the actual physical workouts that you may do in a gym, running, and/or weightlifting regimens?

Replies

• LyninVT
    LyninVT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I only count the exercise above and beyond regular daily activity, actual exercise that I have to schedule into my day. This way I ensure that I meet my daily exercise goal.
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome :)

Well, for the most part, I log the workouts I do in the gym, BUT If lets say I spent 30 mins cleaning, and feel wiped out after it, I'll log that too! I don't log every single step/ and I don't count the time I walked throughout the day as "exercise", unless, like previously stated, during that specific amount of time I felt tired afterwards.

So yesterday for example, I spent about 15 minutes walking briskly to my car in the parking lot from my school gym ( I was gonna be late to class and needed to get my backback from the car!), that activity I did count as "exercise"

Hope this helps!

-Diana
  • prjakm
    prjakm Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks!! It does help .... I'm REALLY having a HARD time with "finding time" for workouts ... I have 4 kids under 6 and the baby is still nursing (though less frequent now that solids are introduced) and is also UP A LOT throughout the night. So needless to say I am wiped out - and the weather around here is crappy! So, not only do I have kids, no time, I seem to have lots of excuses - at least that is how it seems to others, but to me, it's reality. :(