Do I need to work out tonight?

Options
I had a really long day, I have to be up at 5 a.m., and I am really tired. I didn't get a chance to work out today, but I am a couple hundred calories beneath my calorie goal for the day. I'm done eating for the day. Is it necessary that I still work out, and then just eat some more? I'm not hungry at all, and I would rather not take in the extra calories if I don't need to, but I feel like if I work out, then I will have to eat an apple or something, so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. Any advice would be super helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• felipejose74
    felipejose74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I read alot of excuses in your post. If you DO work out I guarantee you'll be glad you did.
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    I had a really long day, I have to be up at 5 a.m., and I am really tired. I didn't get a chance to work out today, but I am a couple hundred calories beneath my calorie goal for the day. I'm done eating for the day. Is it necessary that I still work out, and then just eat some more? I'm not hungry at all, and I would rather not take in the extra calories if I don't need to, but I feel like if I work out, then I will have to eat an apple or something, so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. Any advice would be super helpful. Thanks!

If you worked out every other day, or at least yesterday, a day of rest will not ruin you--especially if you are under calorie and not hungry. Getting enough sleep is important for a healthy lifestyle too! Just make sure you do it tomorrow.
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i know....excuses, excuses. i always do feel good after a good workout...i'm just exhausted today! as a single mother with two kids under 5, one of whom is sick, on the first day of her period, and after a double shift though...i was just wondering if it would hurt if i just skipped it tonight.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    maybe if you're going to skip today, then chalk it up a bit tomorrow to remind yourself that you missed a day. That way, next time you're wanting to miss a day, you'll remember what it was like to work extra hard the next day, and if it was worth it.