deep fried lasagna

Options
Does anyone know how many caloires are in these - Ive treated myself to one of these today (i know really really bad) but have no idea of the calorie content is - one wesite is saying 1068 and another is saying 500 ??
Ive just got my fingers crossed hoping its not 1068 . . if so never having another one again!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Deep fried lasagne? Is it coated in batter first?

I made a very low fat, vegetarian lasagne today and a small portion was almost 400 calories, my old style meat, full fat one was over 800 so I reckon the over 1000 cal guesstimate would be more accurate.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    how about deep fried donut bacon cheese burger! with a diet coke!
  • gbm1982
    gbm1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    this is the small Lasagne - the ones you get from the Takeaway shops - the brand in NZ would be Top Hat i think
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    As a rule I don't eat fried anything. Well stir fry, but that's a bit different I don't put my veggies in batter. I think an occasional treat would be ok though, but I really don't like fried food so for me it's not an issue of don't eat it, it's more don't want it.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    God, I gotta move to New Zealand.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    wow
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    this is the small Lasagne - the ones you get from the Takeaway shops - the brand in NZ would be Top Hat i think

I'm in the UK, define small? My portion tonight measured 3 inch by 5 inch and was approx 2 inch deep.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How much did you eat? How much did it weigh? How was it prepared? What were the ingredients? Personally, out of laziness I'd go with the higher calorie one. Sounds so yummy!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Deep Fried Lasagna?!?!?! :noway: I thought in the south we had deep fried everything...how come I have never heard of this?!?! :laugh:
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    not really sure but I hate that...one websites says this and another one says that...smh...counting calories and be a ***** sometimes
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    These? http://www.tophat.com.au/Products/Toppers/Lasagne_Topper.html

The nutrition info is there. If that is not it, try calling the company.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Here is an idea, you may not like it lol

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=1966363
    Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories 1,231.3

Total Fat 86.1 g

Saturated Fat 35.1 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 11.7 g

Monounsaturated Fat 32.8 g

Cholesterol 247.6 mg

Sodium 16,061.9 mg

Potassium 861.1 mg

Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g

Dietary Fiber 5.2 g

Sugars 8.4 g

Protein 54.3 g
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    There's no way of knowing for sure, but I'd guess the 1068 is closer.
  • gbm1982
    Options
    very yum - prob about 10cm by 8 by 3 . . its crumbed - just with mince and cheese in it really - extremely yummy.
  • gbm1982
    Options
    i know - iits so frustrating - maybe just write off today and have a bad one and start asll over again tomorrow - lol
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many caloires are in these - Ive treated myself to one of these today (i know really really bad) but have no idea of the calorie content is - one wesite is saying 1068 and another is saying 500 ??
    Ive just got my fingers crossed hoping its not 1068 . . if so never having another one again!

Errh mah gerd!
    I wouldn't even feed it to my dogs.
  • gbm1982
    Options
    benol1 - they are very yummy . . your dogs would love them ! ! lol
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a joke...that's just gross.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi gbm1982,
    benol1 - they are very yummy . . your dogs would love them ! ! lol

I'm sure they are, and I'm sure my dogs would just love them.
    And I apologise if I seemed judgemental about your food choices.
    But the idea of eating deep-fried lasagne while trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle and using MFP to help reduce my weight just seems totally incongruous (to me). As a result of my program I've become acutely aware how much physical effort is required to burn calories which makes me think very hard about having an energy-dense treat.
    But if you enjoyed it and it fits in your program, then well and good.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to try it! HA! Just t once. Sometimes ya just gotta! SOunds like state carnival food!