Food plan my trainer gave me and i have lost 13 lbs so far

Options
********COMPLEX CARBS TURN INTO SUGAR..MAKING IT HARDER TO DIGEST....here are a list of complex carbs...DO NOT EAT ANY OF THIS AFTER 2PM...eating it before 2pm gives your body enough time to digest it and use it as energy...otherwise, it just sits in your system, turns into sugar and doesnt digest...****************
1)baked potato
2)brown rice
3white rice
4)pasta (YOU CAN EAT WHOLE WHEAT)
5)grits
6)bread (white)
7)oatmeal (do not eat instant...carbs are high and sguars are high)
8)bagel
9)shredded wheat
10)corn
11)peas
12)beans
13)lentils
14)carrots

BANANAS, RAISINS AND CANNED PINEAPPLE ARE GOOD, BUT THEY CAUSE YOU TO RETAIN FLUID...SO EAT SPARINGLY....

*****SIMPLE CARBS (EAT SPARINGLY...NOT VERY OFTEN)*********

1)candy
2)ice cream (even ice cream w splenda has a high carb content and high sugar)
3)cookies
4)canned fruit

*******YOU CAN EAT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES 24/7**********
THESE THINGS YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU WANT, WHENEVER YOU WANT, EVEN AT 2AM...

1)seafood-grilled, broiled, steamed
2)chicken breast
3)canned chicken
4)turkey
5)ground turkey
6)tune-water packed only, not oil
7)lean sirloin
8)turkey bacon
9)deli turkey and chicken
10)eggs
11)cheese

***EAT RED MEAT (STEAK, ETC) 2X WEEK, NO MORE.***

TIP: eat more protein, have more energy--increase metabolism, LOSE WEIGHT!!

1)frozen deserts (non dairy)
2)french baguette
3)gluten free bread
4)instant rice
5)rice chex cereal
6)hamburger bun
7)rice cakes
8)cornflakes
9)rice krispies
10)pretzels
11)vanilla wafers
12)doughnut
13)waffle
14)corn chips
15)bagel
16)lifesavers candy
17)crossaint
18)angel food cake

TRACI, you can do this!! trust me....ok, GOOD NEWS:::: YOU CAN "CHEAT" 2X A WEEK...you can have the sweets and the whatever else you want, but only 2x a week and dont over do it...you eat if youre craving it, if youre going out to eat, i normally splurge on the weekends and sun mornigns bc they have doughnuts at church..haha!!

eat a serving size...a serving size is the size of the palm of your hand...

i know youre prob thinking, "if im working out, dont i need more carbs?" NO! you need more protein...only ned lots of carbs if youre running a long race or swimming in a triatalon or training for something intense...

aalso: NO COKES....none of that...except the 2 days of the week you splurge...limit diet cokes to NO MORE than 2 a day

stay away from all flavored water but crystal light (the rest have realllllly high sodium, which causes water retention)

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right since it’s based on common nutrition understanding - eat carbs early and yes fruit is the safe food to eat as long as you don't gorge due to sugar content. I would love to eat my largest meal of the day at lunch, my boss does (he is single) but everyone on MFP with a family could never do that since that would mean eating differently then your family but thanks for sharing this information, food plans are always appreciated and if you have serious weight to loose then maybe eating differently then your family is a good idea otherwise life is too short - eat together but eat well.
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow... tht is informative.. thank u....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Interesting concept, though I've never heard of a trainer giving a food plan unless they were a dietican or nutritionist.

There are a number of items I don't agree with on the list such as not eating complex carbs after 2pm. Or eating certain foods 24/7 even with a weighloss of 13 lbs this is not something I would chose for myself. Have you spoken to your medical doctor about this list?

White bread, white rice is very refined and I'm not sure I would call it a complex carb as they are the ones that turn directly into sugar also what happened to the rest of the fruits and veggies, legumes etc. out there that aren't on the list?
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did show the list to my doctor. and the list is ok.. and i do eat bread i eat whole wheat bread and i eat brown rice. i eat all fruits and i eat veggies it states that you can eat veggies and fruits.. and my trainer also works with dietations as well. I live on a military and here at this gym the trainer has to work with a dietation to make sure that the food plan is healthy for you.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I did show the list to my doctor. and the list is ok.. and i do eat bread i eat whole wheat bread and i eat brown rice. i eat all fruits and i eat veggies it states that you can eat veggies and fruits.. and my trainer also works with dietations as well. I live on a military and here at this gym the trainer has to work with a dietation to make sure that the food plan is healthy for you.
    Oh that's good to know, good luck with your plan!:flowerforyou:
  • dukedeh
    dukedeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very comprehensive - thanks for sharing!! :happy:
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    interesting, thx for sharing.
  • wilkypoo
    wilkypoo Posts: 52
    Options
    Thank you so much for this great information. I greatly appreciate the time you took to type and share this with others. :flowerforyou:

I am a diabetic and have found this info to be useful even for me..

Thanks again and wishing you all the best!!! :wink:
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hmmm....good to know. thanks!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this...I am definitely going to start using it....or at least try.:smile: