remembering it's a tool not a crutch

Options
383fdfe2-c68a-4612-aece-455193c59ff7_zps347b98f3.jpg

I drew this picture to remind myself that it is okay to let mfp and my friends support me, but this site is a tool I must be in control of. I must take responsibility for myself. I can't let mfp completely support me or else I will never learn to stand on my own.

as you can see in the picture, I am saying "NO" to both sides: Obese and Malnourished. but I am not alone. my friends are amazing and are able to help, I know that with help I will take control of my life.

like everyone, I will have good days and bad days. I am not perfect. I am learning control and moderation.

I am strong. we are strong, and we can do this!

Replies

• Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love it, you're an amazing artist too :smile:
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    thank you!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    awesome drawing. I love what it represents!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    383fdfe2-c68a-4612-aece-455193c59ff7_zps347b98f3.jpg

I drew this picture to remind myself that it is okay to let mfp and my friends support me, but this site is a tool I must be in control of. I must take responsibility for myself. I can't let mfp completely support me or else I will never learn to stand on my own.

as you can see in the picture, I am saying "NO" to both sides: Obese and Malnourished. but I am not alone. my friends are amazing and are able to help, I know that with help I will take control of my life.

like everyone, I will have good days and bad days. I am not perfect. I am learning control and moderation.

I am strong. we are strong, and we can do this!

Very cool! I love it!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    thank you all very much. sometimes I find a visual helps me reach my goals and stick it out. I hope others can understand this pic as well, and find their own balance.
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow, that is so very inspiring. I needed that today! Thank you.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Wow, that is so very inspiring. I needed that today! Thank you.

i'm glad you were able to find it helpful! thank you!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I loveee it. It says so much with out saying a word.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Haha, cute drawing!

At first I interpreted it as "If you're fat and sloppy, you'll never be able to fend off the zombies come Z-Day!"
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    thank you! i'm surprised that people have responded to this but so thankful for the support! I know i'm not the only person battling myself and trying to find the balance to be healthy. it makes me happy to be able to help and support the people that give me so much motivation.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Haha, cute drawing!

At first I interpreted it as "If you're fat and sloppy, you'll never be able to fend off the zombies come Z-Day!"

^Hahaha!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Good picture :smile: and I like your stance on support. Keep up the good work!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Haha, cute drawing!

lol! I love it! but hey, if it fits! its true, with my size, I may as well sit down and offer my brains to them myself :drinker:
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    I love the drawing! Sounds like you have a pretty healthy attitude about this whole thing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Haha, cute drawing!

lol! I love it! but hey, if it fits! its true, with size, I may as well sit down and offer my brains to them myself :drinker:

well art is after all subjective.

I love how even the healthy you there are two. Kind of like how we always have parts of ourselves to battle with, even when healthy. I also love the little outfits they have on. cute T tied in the back. cute tennis shoes and jeans outfit and hairstyle. if you don't mind can i put it on my wall? for me the skinny one represents what's really inside under all this fluffyness if I don't eat the right things and get undernourished just under a big layer of fat. like when I'm anemic and can't even hardly move.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Haha, cute drawing!

lol! I love it! but hey, if it fits! its true, with size, I may as well sit down and offer my brains to them myself :drinker:

well art is after all subjective.

I love how even the healthy you there are two. Kind of like how we always have parts of ourselves to battle with, even when healthy. I also love the little outfits they have on. cute T tied in the back. cute tennis shoes and jeans outfit and hairstyle. if you don't mind can i put it on my wall? for me the skinny one represents what's really inside under all this fluffyness if I don't eat the right things and get undernourished just under a big layer of fat. like when I'm anemic and can't even hardly move.

go for it!!! i'd be honored for you to put it up!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You really need to get this copyrighted or whatever you'r supposed to do. This is great and should be seen by everyone. Plaster it all over the internet!!!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    You really need to get this copyrighted or whatever you'r supposed to do. This is great and should be seen by everyone. Plaster it all over the internet!!!

lol thanks! I have it on deviantart with their copyright for my page
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

lol thanks! I have it on deviantart with their copyright for my page

That's great!