Tattoos and Weight Loss

Options
Hey guys, I started worrying today about the effect weight loss with have on my tattoos. I have several of them. One on my calf, chest, one each on my upper arms (the outter part), one on each side of my neck, one each on my forearms, and one one my upper back. I love my tattoos but I also want to be healthy and really need to lose around 100 lbs.
I did some internet research and got some relief reading that weight loss should not affect tattoos if lost at a healthy gradual pace, but I wanted to know if anyone could tell me from personal experience or even post some before and after pictures?

Replies

• lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Not sure if this'll help but I have a tattoo to the left of my belly button and it still looks great even after having a baby...

Just lose the weight steadily and keep moisturising (bio oil is great for this and will minimise/prevent stretch marks too).
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 3 tattoos, one on my back, on under my belly on the side and one on my bum lol... After losing 42 lbs slowly and safely I have not seen any affects to my tattoos. I figured the one on my belly would only be affected, but since I weight trained also I kept my skin tight so no lose skin... Hope yours stays the way you want it!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i only have one on my left upper arm. I've lost about 127lbs and it so far hasn't changed..but I placed it there in hopes it would be a good place if I finally got off my *kitten* and did something about my wt.
    I can't wait to reach my goal as one of my rewards is going to be a back piece.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i have 2 tattoos.. one on my wrist - no change

but the one on my side... is not straight any more
    it used to go across my ribs, under my bra on the side. now its like dipping down lol

BUT the weight loss is well worth it =]
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i am contemplating having a tatoo now i am at my goal weight as a reward--i am worried if i ever put on weight how they distort? -any of the contributors tell me
  • jandv1991
    jandv1991 Posts: 19
    Options
    This is great info! Thanks for posting.
  • cameralikeagun
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys! =)
    I'm pretty sure all my tattoos are in places where they shouldn't be affected, and if they are, not by much. I actually kept that in mind when getting them just in case I finally got rid of all this weight.