1200 calories .....

Options
Got the App on my phone, 2lbs a week = 1200 cals
Im SO HUNGRYY!!! Is this right?
Im 20 years old, 5.9 and I weigh 154lbs.
Im a student, I used to do so much sport but I dont do hardly any now.
I have a major carb addiction and I want to eat them, donuts, bread, wraps, pasta, potato, crisps.... I miss you! haha.
Give me strength!!!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    With less thank 20lbs to lose, 2 lbs a week is far too aggressive for a goal. The less you have to lose the harder it is. It should be .5 lbs a week, 1 lb a week max.

MFP is also assuming that you will exercise, log it and consume at least some of those calories. There is no way at your height and age that you should be at 1200 calories.

Eat.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. Reset your goal to 0.5lb/week, and you'll feel a million times better.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Its right if you set it for 2 lbs/wk. But be prepared to be very hungry and probably gain it back as soon as you start to eat normal again. 1 lb/wk is plenty, but its your body.
  • LRH1992
    LRH1992 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh, Ive set it at 2lbs a week?
    haha! Im such a knob, I thought it had set that for me!!
    No wonder I played rubbish at netball yesterday, need food! GOSH.

ALSO, outer thigh exercises? squats hurt my knees........
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Oh, Ive set it at 2lbs a week?
    haha! Im such a knob, I thought it had set that for me!!
    No wonder I played rubbish at netball yesterday, need food! GOSH.

ALSO, outer thigh exercises? squats hurt my knees........
    you know how you know youre a NOOB you spelled it knob lol :) but yeah set it at 1 pound or half a pound a week and then with exercise calories you get to eat wayyyyy more
  • TLWallperson
    Options
    Got the App on my phone, 2lbs a week = 1200 cals
    Im SO HUNGRYY!!! Is this right?
    Im 20 years old, 5.9 and I weigh 154lbs.
    Im a student, I used to do so much sport but I dont do hardly any now.
    I have a major carb addiction and I want to eat them, donuts, bread, wraps, pasta, potato, crisps.... I miss you! haha.
    Give me strength!!!

Hi,
    I'm a carb addict myself...specifically need carbs in my diet or I don't function very well. I found a diet book a couple of years ago called "The Carb Lovers Diet". At the time I didn't expect it to help me in any way, but it's been almost two years and I've lost close to 70lbs since then. You might want to look into something like this because some people, like me really need to have the carbs in their diet. This diet also helped me to keep my blood sugar stable so I found that even though I only eat 1200-1500 cals a day I don't feel hungry at all. But don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you stick to 1200 cals, but instead figure out what works for you. I hope this helps.
  • LRH1992
    Options
    haha! Thats definatly how you spell knob!! Or it is where Im from ha!!
  • LRH1992
    Options
    Thankyou, I will defiantly check that out!
    Because I dont think I can live without carbs!!
    And wow 70lbs, well done! Thats brilliant :)
  • djames92
    Options
    but thats how you spell knob like door knob
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.....:drinker:
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    haha! Thats definatly how you spell knob!! Or it is where Im from ha!!

Yep knob here too lol
    And you should be eating your BMR calories (cals needed to survive if you were just in a coma!) Mine was a lot higher than the 1200 cals a day proposed by this site. You can find your BMR at the top of the page under apps. This should be your minimum intake.
  • LRH1992
    Options
    Oh okay! Thanks :)
    I'll calculate this asap! hope its not complicated, converting stones into lbs is hard enough haha!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

You do realize calling yourself a knob for doing something silly is a thing? She didn't spell noob wrong (which actually isn't a real word), she spelled knob correctly.

I digress... what everyone else said. And when you work out, log that and eat those calories as well. You'll get the hang of it!
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If your knees are hurting from squats either you are using improper form, too much weight or a combination of both. Leg press is a good option to help build quad strength but if you want to have nice glutes then ATG squats (with proper form) are the ticket.
  • LRH1992
    Options
    haha! I think knob, is very english maybe!!

oh okay, I worked out my BMR is said 1533 so going to eat more tomorrow for sure, I'll probably be way over because Im having a few beverages ......
    Low calorie drinks (ALCHOLIC) :D ?!
  • LRH1992
    Options
    I better get squatting, I need my friends to stop saying I have a 'ghetto *kitten*'
    Gotta literally work my bum off
    Then someone might be like .... 'Hey nice glutes' HA!
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You do realize calling yourself a knob for doing something silly is a thing? She didn't spell noob wrong (which actually isn't a real word), she spelled knob correctly.

i was JUST about to say that.

Anyways, yes like everyone else said. make sure to eat enough and aim for maybe 1 or .5 pounds. For myself I have it at 1 pound but I think I'll change it to .5 soon since I don't have a lot to lose.
    Then someone might be like .... 'Hey nice glutes' HA!
    omg. YES. I would love to see that :laugh:
  • djames92
    Options
    annnnnnd now i sound like a noob and a knob lol
  • LRH1992
    Options
    Yeah I will from tomorrow I think!
    yay, more food!

Oh sweet, not much to lose, Im sure someone will comment on your glutes soon enough
    haha!!
  • LRH1992
    Options
    haha! If your not english its a forgivable mistake if you are .... what is life!! :P