NEED TO LOSE 10 POUNDS.

Options
best way to lose 10-15 pounds by summer? I've tried restricting to around 800 of healthy foods and lost nothing, tried atkins for like 2 days but I need fruits in my diet. im 5'1 very athletic yet I weigh 132:( but the really weird thing is even though according to BMI im "overweight" I still wear a 2-3 in jeans.. I just don't know what to do anymore, please help me

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why do you "need" to lose 10lbs?
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in great shop I wish I was a size 3 LOL
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Plug in your numbers on MFP it should tell you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I noticed your profile says you have ED. You may want to work on getting some help with that instead of trying to lose more weight. :flowerforyou:
  • jena813
    jena813 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough...800 calories is generally too low. Your body will stall because it thinks that it needs to conserve food. May sound weird, but bump up your calorie intake a little bit!

Good luck!
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Restricting your food intake that severely is definitely the wrong way to go about it. Also, I would pay more attention to measurements than to what the scale says. But they best way to get super fit is to do a lot of cardio and strength exercises and to eat clean.
  • skinnylullaby
    skinnylullaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options

so I can be confident and like my body
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    There is this thing called as MUSCLE AND FAT.If you are a smaller size yet weight heavy-that means you have good muscle composition which is a REALLY GOOD THING.if you are like sponge and yet weight less-that means you have a lot of body fat(a.k.a skinny fat) which is NOT A GOOD THING.

Do not obsess about the scale.get a body fat test done-if you think you want to lower your bodyfat percentage-plug in your numbers in the below link
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

eat as close as your TDEE,include some strength training in your routine and the magic happens.800 is too low lady.Eat up(good nutritious food-not junk)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    defo not eating enough.

take your measurements and bump up your kcals.

if you're not "in shape" do toning exercises and resistance training but eat more than 800/day :):)
  • skinnylullaby
    Options
    I mean I do soccer 5 days a week for usually 2 hours or more. Might start training to run 5ks?
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    best way to lose 10-15 pounds by summer? I've tried restricting to around 800 of healthy foods and lost nothing, tried atkins for like 2 days but I need fruits in my diet. im 5'1 very athletic yet I weigh 132:( but the really weird thing is even though according to BMI im "overweight" I still wear a 2-3 in jeans.. I just don't know what to do anymore, please help me

You could try intermittent fasting. Heard of it?
  • skinnylullaby
    Options

heard of it just don't quite understand it
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

heard of it just don't quite understand it

You count your calories for the entire week instead of 1 day, which is what MFP really does. But, you put a long enough space in between your meal times to allow your body to burn your body's fat instead of the food you eat. There's 5:2 in which you eat at maintenance for 5 days and 500 calories max on two days of your choosing or you could go with 16/8, in which you pick 8 consecutive hours a day to eat. The other 16 hours you do not eat.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You need ATLEAST 1200 to keep your body out of starvation mode. You may actually GAIN weight from eating that llittle because your body stores more fat for later. Also, you are 5'1 and 132 lbs and a size 3. Sounds pretty good to me. It seems by that information that you are more muscular, as someone mentioned before, which is really good. If you really want to lose 10 lbs, I would bump up your calories to about 1500-1600 (since you are also active) and then bump up the cardio.

I am a little under 5'3 and currently 141 lbs and a size 9 or 11. I also want to lose about 16 lbs before the end of May. I started in January at 170 lbs and almost a size 17. I net anywhere between 1200 and 1500 a day (with a few cheat days) and I'm feeling amazing and really seeing results. So I'd try it. :) GOOD LUCK!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

so I can be confident and like my body

Given your statement on your profile that you have a problem with EDNOS, I would suggest that you see a counselor and/or dietician regarding this issue. If you actually need to lose weight, a nutritionist can help you accomplish this. If your desire to lose weight and your lack of body confidence is a part of your EDNOS, a counselor can help you work through that.