Is it just me??

Options
I have been doing a lot of thinking and I asked myself why do you think getting this weight off is an emergency??? I have learned I :sad: associate being thin with happiness, WOW I have put it into my mind that if I lose the weight I put on in my bad marriage I will be healed, so now i'm at a point where I obsess about my weight much of the time it is very hard emotionally my weigh in day are prue anxiety. CAN I get past this???

Replies

• jontay81
    jontay81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Recognition is the first step. Now do something to make yourself happy that doesn't involve food or your looks. Go live.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Losing weight won't fix your life, but it might make you feel more confident and more in control of it.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yup, you can. Just gotta take it one day at a time and just keep trying.
    we do tend to associate thin = happy, but that just isn't true.

I tend to obsess too. I HAVE to step back and think.
    God yes I want to be at my goal weight right now, but I'm not and the only thing we can do about that is to keep at it!

I can spend two hours a day worrying, being anxious, stressed and getting upset, or I can spend that time working out and making changes for msyelf so I reach my goal.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are more than a number on a scale. You have to learn to love yourself before you can be happy, regardless of weight. After my divorce, I had a bad habit of telling myself every negative thing that my EX would call me. Some of them were not very nice at all. I started with one statement, and replaced it with another, more positive one. I would often find myself staring into the mirror telling myself that I was a good person, smart, pretty, etc, etc... It eventually worked. Divorce is hard, and anyone that tells you different is lying out their teeth; but looking back my divorce is one of the best things that could have happened to that relationship. Now, if only I could get rid of him:explode: , but can't because we have kids together.

One thing is for certain. Life will knock you on your @$$. Get up, dust yourself off, and keep pushing forward!!!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change physically as well as mentally..if you don't fix the inside it won't matter what you look like on the outside.
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    You can get past this. I have had similar thoughts and mindset. Still do at times but getting better. What works for me is not beating myself up when I fail.
  • workoutgrandma
    workoutgrandma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to think I needed to get the weight off to be attractive in my particular age group. It comes off, it comes back. I am 63 and need to realize a few things. One: I want to enjoy my retirement years. Two: I need to be healthy for myself to enjoy traveling, grand kids, my life, golf without thinking I am going to have a heart attack. Get the picture? So i decided a few things. i can't do anything about anyone else's health issues, I can only take care of myself. So when I get down, depressed for whatever reason....I tell myself: keep exercising if only to be heart healthy and everything else will follow. Someone told me the other day: go to Soma and get fitted for a new bra. It will make the difference. I did and it did. Take care of yourself for yourself. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself. Relax and look at yourself everyday and remind yourself: be heart healthy, it will make you happy and content.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    yup, you can. Just gotta take it one day at a time and just keep trying.
    we do tend to associate thin = happy, but that just isn't true.

I tend to obsess too. I HAVE to step back and think.
    God yes I want to be at my goal weight right now, but I'm not and the only thing we can do about that is to keep at it!

I can spend two hours a day worrying, being anxious, stressed and getting upset, or I can spend that time working out and making changes for msyelf so I reach my goal.
    love this! Yes, it's an older thread but still helpful:wink: