Zumba Success Photos?

Options
andyswoman
andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
I am patiently waiting for my Zumba package to show up at my door, and just for motivational purposes, does anyone have any before Zumba/after Zumba photos to share? I am so excited to start!

Replies

• theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see as well!! Just started today as well!
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    February 1st to March 1st
    8.6 lbs lost 1.5 inch off my waist

did zumba at least 4-5 times a week, sometimes twice a day. lol. so like everyday almost....

I got addicted! what can i say? haha =D

I lalalalooove Zumba
    PhotoGrid_1362178962429_zpsdbd9d007.jpg
  • andyswoman
    andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    February 1st to March 1st
    8.6 lbs lost 1.5 inch off my waist

did zumba at least 4-5 times a week, sometimes twice a day. lol. so like everyday almost....

I got addicted! what can i say? haha =D

I lalalalooove Zumba
    PhotoGrid_1362178962429_zpsdbd9d007.jpg

Wowzers! 8.6 lbs lost in one month's time???!!! GREAT JOB!! :) Is it the Zumba off the infomercial or no? Just curious. I hope I'm not building myself up for all this fun and then be disappointed.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Zumba and walking was what I did to lose the weight I have lost so far. I still continue to do Zumba several times a week. I never used the one from the commercial thing, but I made a youtube playlist up online of songs I liked being "zumba-ed" to and did that in my living room. Now I live in an apartment on the top floor and I go to a place that has classes all the time. I go 3-5 times a week. I love it.

8PL2ECd.png

tdtvocv.png
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Totus: CONGRATS!!!
  • angeliqueann
    Options
    I go to a zumba Class.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been at this "get fit" game for exactly 2 years now and I'd only lost 40lbs prior to Zumba. I found an awesome class (and friends) at my local YMCA and love every second of every class! I've lost 85# since June 2012 doing nothing but Zumba 3x a week, but recently added some strength training to help with the skin issue! :)

4512collage_zpscb170b04.jpg
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformations everyone!!!!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Zumba Wii?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options

I tried it but I burn about 1/2 the calories of a class in person.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

This. I tried it at home on the Xbox but the classes provide a completely different feel. I'd say start with the game and branch out. Once you've stepped foot in a class (that you like), you can't look back! You'll start cutting t-shirts, wearing neon and saying crazy things like "Omg, this is SOOO a Zumba shirt..." while you shop. It really is a disease. I don't need the cure.
  • fayeonherway
    Options

This. I tried it at home on the Xbox but the classes provide a completely different feel. I'd say start with the game and branch out. Once you've stepped foot in a class (that you like), you can't look back! You'll start cutting t-shirts, wearing neon and saying crazy things like "Omg, this is SOOO a Zumba shirt..." while you shop. It really is a disease. I don't need the cure.

HA!!!

I wish I could find a Zumba class a schedule for those of us who work 9-5 jobs and have to drive in traffic to get anywhere.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options

HA!!!

I wish I could find a Zumba class a schedule for those of us who work 9-5 jobs and have to drive in traffic to get anywhere.

I hear you. They only offer at 5:30 am or 5:30 pm and that doesn't fit my schedule with kids or hubby's work. I need one at 7:30pm! Oh and I have the Wii version and the graphics and music are so horrible I can't stand to do it.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My after picture is actually from last august, so I have lost about 10 more pounds since then.
    beforeduringafter-1.jpg

Yes, then you get the bright idea to get licensed to teach Zumba, and then there's no going back. I am done for! I do moves in my desk at work, practice songs in the parking garage on my lunch break, and I choreography songs in my car while driving. I don't think there even is a cure for this!
  • angeliqueann
    Options
    February 1st to April 22nd
    d976611f-80d1-40f8-9824-1a647e2da01a_zps9cd77b6e.jpg[/URL]
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    In for the Zumba love!

This is 7 months progress, mostly Zumba with some weight lifting and running:

fdad89ec-8341-495b-bf5a-d4c08ebec15c_zps9da747b2.jpg
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow, Sparlingo, what a transformation! I wish in 6months, my 7 month pic will be similar to yours. Thanks for the inspiration.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing.

What is your weight lifting routine?
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Wow, Sparlingo, what a transformation! I wish in 6months, my 7 month pic will be similar to yours. Thanks for the inspiration.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing.

What is your weight lifting routine?

Thank you! My lifting routine is basically just a full-body weight lifting class that I try to attend twice a week. As such, it is high reps and not "heavy lifting", but I do progressively increase my weights and make sure I'm lifting the most that I can for the sets that we do. Works for me, as I was extremely weak before. I started out doing bicep curls with 2.5 lbs dumbbells, and now can use 12.5 lbs dumbbells, for example :smile:. I'm toying with the idea of learning to lift heavy, as so many people have had success with it, but I enjoy my class and it's easy for me to get into, so for now it's working for me.
  • J198S
    J198S Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great success here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!