Name your sneakers....

Options
13»

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    New Balance 460s right now... I wear the NB because I need a wide width I wear a 12 EEEE
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    What kind of shoe would you recommend for someone who is just starting out, and doesn't want to put a lot of $$ into shoes? I'm not 100% sure I will stick with it yet... Any suggestions will be appreciated. I will be using them for walking and slow jogging for the time being. TIA...

Bebe

Find something comfortable, I went to a sporting good type store and told him my budget, I bought a less expensive shoe and a $20 sport insole and it really supports my foot
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Brooks Defyance and I love them. I went to one of those running shoe stores to get them to help me pick the best pair. I am going to get a new pair of hte same shoe online in Aug (when my 6 mos hits). They did fit me in a men's size due to the wideness of my feet.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Nike zoomero+ for the next 500 miles or so

I saw a guy in VFFs about a week ago and thought WTF? I had never seen shoes with toes before PMSL but they are way cool! Want want want! (Hmm - reward for making 10km sub 60mins perhaps?)
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Heh, I misunderstood the thread title.

The left one is Sebastian and the right one is Mabel. Mabel is the scruffy one.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am a new balance girl since they have a wider toe box. I have a couple different pairs. I think my most recent ones I actually found on sale for $25 they had 2 pair left and ones was actually my size which is usually one of the first sizes to go. (7.5). I think before I go get my next pair I am going to a running store and get fitted and see what they say ask I am really thinking about training for a 5k now.
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My exercise is mainly walking with my dogs - and I bought some reebok rainwalker trainers on the sale at the factory outlet - I absolutely love them and they are so comfy - they are also black, so the mud doesn't show so much ( I am in the cumbrian lakes!) and they have a protective coating so don't get wet so quick.....best trainers I ever had :bigsmile:
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My exercise is mainly walking with my dogs - and I bought some reebok rainwalker trainers on the sale at the factory outlet - I absolutely love them and they are so comfy - they are also black, so the mud doesn't show so much ( I am in the cumbrian lakes!) and they have a protective coating so don't get wet so quick.....best trainers I ever had :bigsmile:
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am a new balance girl since they have a wider toe box. I have a couple different pairs. I think my most recent ones I actually found on sale for $25 they had 2 pair left and ones was actually my size which is usually one of the first sizes to go. (7.5). I think before I go get my next pair I am going to a running store and get fitted and see what they say ask I am really thinking about training for a 5k now.

I'm not sure where you live, but in Memphis we have a few different stores who find the right shoe for you by having you run on a treadmill and somehow or another (never done it so I'm not sure), they can tell which areas of your foot you run on the most and can provide a type of shoe for you that will decrease the risk of injury. Here we have Fleet Feet and Breakaway Running.

I don't know if that is what you were referring to when you said you wanted to get fitted, but if you didn't have that in mind, you should definitely look into it!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I'm not sure where you live, but in Memphis we have a few different stores who find the right shoe for you by having you run on a treadmill and somehow or another (never done it so I'm not sure), they can tell which areas of your foot you run on the most and can provide a type of shoe for you that will decrease the risk of injury. Here we have Fleet Feet and Breakaway Running.

I don't know if that is what you were referring to when you said you wanted to get fitted, but if you didn't have that in mind, you should definitely look into it!

Yeah that is what I had in mind. We have the Running Store and a bunch of others in Charlotte.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Under Armour Proto Interval Trainer II......I've had my eye on the Vibram Five Fingers for awhile now. I get an ad on Facebook that shows up on the right side of my page all the time offering them at 50% off.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I have Saucony ProGrid Ride 2's - I love them! I hope to get them in orange next time though ;)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I wear Vans. :laugh:

My triathlon coach wants me to do Cross-fit in them and, really, he'd like me to run in them (or barefoot) but I'm not running right now due to a calf injury.

My running shoes are Newtons. I've got the Issac Newtons. They are okay but I think when I wear them out, I'm going to try something else.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have two pair of Brooks which I rotate. One is Trance and the other is Adrenaline. Both support shoes, but the Trance has more cushioning. I bought the Trance first. Went to the running store and got my feet/gait analyzed. They said I needed support shoes, and I got the trance for 1/2 off which was an awesome deal b/c the regular price was $140. I saw the Adrenaline in another store for $69 and bought them to have a second pair. Love them too. :bigsmile:

I want some of the pink and orange finger shoes. Desparately. :sad:
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Under Armour Proto Interval Trainer II......I've had my eye on the Vibram Five Fingers for awhile now. I get an ad on Facebook that shows up on the right side of my page all the time offering them at 50% off.

Don't fall for that! Those are not real VFFs. Go to www.vibramfivefingers.com and look at what stores sell them near you - through those stores or on the VFF website are the ONLY places to buy real VFFs. The others are knock offs and I would think running in those would put you at greater risk for an injury.
  • Pattitude
    Pattitude Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    easytones:glasses:

Me too, and I LOVE them. I've always been a big-booty girl... and now with these shoes, my big-booty is going from just flab to a fit, muscular bubble butt! My only complaint is that my toes tend to hurt when I run long distances, I can only assume from gripping to maintain balance because of how the shoe is made to do what it does.
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I have some Vibram FiveFinger KSOs. Love love love them. Like others said, you need to let your feet have time adjust to them BUT they are totally worth it once your feet and leg muscles are good. I walk barefoot a lot so the worst I got was some rubbing.

I definitely want some Bikilas but I tend to run outside, through water, etc. so I like my KSOs :)
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options

Don't fall for that! Those are not real VFFs. Go to www.vibramfivefingers.com and look at what stores sell them near you - through those stores or on the VFF website are the ONLY places to buy real VFFs. The others are knock offs and I would think running in those would put you at greater risk for an injury.

Agreed. I think the best place is TheShoeMart.com. I got my FiveFinger KSOs there for $80 and it had free shipping! It's also a legit site :)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Saucony Triumph 7's
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Another New Balance Fan here.

Currently, I'm running in 1223s and 767s. I have a pair of 859s that are technically retired, but I'm doing the Warrior Dash next month ( http://www.warriordash.com/register2010_rockies.php ) so, I'm going to use them then and then toss them after all the mud. I've been running in New Balances for years, with and without orthotics.

My cross trainers are also New Balances, but I dislike the pair I have right now. They hurt my little pinky toe (get a blister) when i walk on the tm for more than 30 minutes