HELP! Fast weight loss

Options
I am going on vacation in 2 weeks and am looking for any tips/tricks on getting rid of some pounds before i go! I just tried on all my summer clothes and bathinsuits and i feel gross! :(

Help please!!!

Replies

• grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I run into the same situation when I have to go on an airplane. Just throwing out to you what I do...Eat Low Carb, cut out alcohol, sugary drinks, etc, drink lots of water, and exercise. If you haven't been cutting back and exercising to this point, the first (about) 10 lbs will be water weight anyway, so you should lose weight fast. And while your on vacation, try to eat moderately when you can and continue to exercise, but HAVE FUN!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do would be to buy some clothes that make you feel good about yourself.

Any diet/exercise plan that claims big losses in 2 weeks is lying to you and/or trying to take your money.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do would be to buy some clothes that make you feel good about yourself.

Any diet/exercise plan that claims big losses in 2 weeks is lying to you and/or trying to take your money.

I agree. Get a new bathing suit that makes you look hot :) It must be done. You can't drastically change your body in 2 weeks.
  • fr3akeeee
    fr3akeeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be specific, lose weight or fat. It's entirely different. Step in to a sauna room, you'll lose weight. Step in to a gym, you lose fat. Then of course, you need to fix your diet and incorporate good cardio workouts.

What's your maintenance calorie? Figure that out and have a 500 caloric deficit every day. You'll see 'some' result within a week or two.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    exhausting yourself is not a great idea, but this is an emergency. I'd say do an hour of intense cardio and 3-5 hours (depends on how much u want it) of "casual cardio" every day. Eat no more than 1200 calories per day. i know MFPiers will be hating on me for this. got used to it
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I agree. Get a new bathing suit that makes you look hot :) It must be done. You can't drastically change your body in 2 weeks.

Also agree! You can potentially lose a good bit of weight in a couple of weeks but: a. it won't last, b. it won't be fat that you're losing, c. you won't look significantly different, and d. it won't be good for your body. Like other posters said, a new bathing suit can make you feel really good about your body if it has a good fit. Also, you can start a fitness plan now and even if you don't have the super fast results you are looking for, it will help boost some confidence in the short run and give you the results you actually want in the long run.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Truth.
  • ryank81283
    Options
    I run into the same situation when I have to go on an airplane. Just throwing out to you what I do...Eat Low Carb, cut out alcohol, sugary drinks, etc, drink lots of water, and exercise. If you haven't been cutting back and exercising to this point, the first (about) 10 lbs will be water weight anyway, so you should lose weight fast. And while your on vacation, try to eat moderately when you can and continue to exercise, but HAVE FUN!!!

this pretty spot on
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    Low sodium and no alcohol, because it will make you look fatter from bloat. Flush out your system with water, exercise every day for 30-60 minutes, and keep your calories at 1200-1400.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    exhausting yourself is not a great idea, but this is an emergency. I'd say do an hour of intense cardio and 3-5 hours (depends on how much u want it) of "casual cardio" every day. Eat no more than 1200 calories per day. i know MFPiers will be hating on me for this. got used to it

This isn't an emergency. This is a vacation. OP, listen to the advice to buy some cute better fitting clothes for your trip.
  • 240Z
    240Z Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Build a time machine, go back in time for N months where N=(desired weight loss/8).
    So for example if you want to drop 16 pounds before your vacation, go back in time two months and do MFP set at 2 pounds per week loss for two months. Good luck!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Two weeks? Maybe amputate a limb?
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Two weeks? Maybe amputate a limb?

i think that will absolutely help. two if she wants to be super dramatic.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Build a time machine, go back in time for N months where N=(desired weight loss/8).
    So for example if you want to drop 16 pounds before your vacation, go back in time two months and do MFP set at 2 pounds per week loss for two months. Good luck!

This or accept that two weeks is not going to change much so you might as well enjoy shopping for things that make you look and feel great. :) Have fun on your vacation!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

This sounds like great advice if you need to lose weight to win a substantial bet...

...but sounds like a horrible way to go into a vacation...and in two weeks, won't really make a difference (but may very likely lead you to an injury).
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    Maybe try doing the 30 day shred by Jillian michaels. U dont loose scale pounds but can loose inches fast. And eat no more than 1200 cals. I think it may work but u are wanting fast results to fit into clothes i doubt u would be able to do it just not enough time. I would do what others said buy new clothes....
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Stay focused it only 2 weeks, you can do anything for 2 weeks, right?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

This sounds like great advice if you need to lose weight to win a substantial bet...

...but sounds like a horrible way to go into a vacation...and in two weeks, won't really make a difference (but may very likely lead you to an injury).

Agreed.

Seriously - buy some new clothes and try to have a good time.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do the clothes fit? If they fit, you probably don't look gross, I would just stick with the program for the two weeks and try not to overindulge on vacation.