What does Hummus taste like?

Options
13»

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    To me..tastes like work! I make gallons of it every day...from scratch
    cooking the beans myself. And in spite of that...I still love it!
  • vegannewbie12
    vegannewbie12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Crap.
  • tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i really like the Sabra but when I started losing weight, I switched to Safeway's Eating Right and get the Spinach and Artichoke kind. I add a teaspoon of organic chopped garlic to about a third of the container. I am kind of taking a break now because I was eating it so much I got tired of it. I'm sure I'll be back to it at some point!
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Different brands have different textures. If you have a good Meditterean place near you, they usually make a great homemade hummus. Roasted red pepper hummus is delicious. I like trader joe's hummus, they have a variety one you can buy and try three different flavors in one container. It took me a few tries and brands to end up liking it, but now i love it!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I don't like the texture. Ew.
  • Sendosi
    Sendosi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There would be peace in this world if everybody just ate Hummus.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Good, gooder goodness. It's just mashed up beans, usually garbanzo or white with garlic and such. Great on pita chips or tortilla chips...Think of it as the Mediterranean Bean Dip (as opposed to Mexican Bean Dip - Pinto).
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients on the Sabra products--I remember at some point noticing that some of their stuff had mayo in it, which totally skeeved me out because 1) it really shouldn't be there and 2) I hate mayo.

I've been making my own hummus after discovering recently how easy it is to cook up dried chickpeas in the pressure cooker. Super cheap, keep out the nasty things like extra sodium, add in what you do like....