Caffine before workouts?

Options
I usually take a caffine pill before I start my work outs, is this OK to do? I think I saw somewhere that it's not a good idea but it really helps me go harder so I've been doing it all along..

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I usually take a caffine pill before I start my work outs, is this OK to do? I think I saw somewhere that it's not a good idea but it really helps me go harder so I've been doing it all along..
    Caffeine pills are fine pre-workout. I think the pills are better than the coffee since because with the pills you know how much caffeine you are getting. Since you will build up a tolerance to caffeine, try eliminating caffeine for a week and then resuming at a lower dose. Maybe 100 mg or 1/2 pill pre-workout.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Caffeine pills are fine pre-workout. I think the pills are better than the coffee since because with the pills you know how much caffeine you are getting. Since you will build up a tolerance to caffeine, try eliminating caffeine for a week and then resuming at a lower dose. Maybe 100 mg or 1/2 pill pre-workout.
    OK, thanks! I'll try that out. :bigsmile:
  • Steph_B_
    Steph_B_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Crystal Light energy drink about 30 min before my workout. It has 120 mg caffeine. It is a powder packet that you add to water. Citrus is my favorite.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It works for me.