Please help! haven't lost ANYTHING

Options
Hey Everyone

I have been following my calorie goal and exercise goals ALL summer. i havent lost any weight and dont look any better. in fact i feel I look as though I have GAINED weight. granted, if I gain muscle thats all fine BUT i dont look any thinner. Its not like I have a ton to lose, so its not as though it could be a small loss and I just cant see it. I am just so frustrated and really getting down on myself because I go on vacation soon and Im at the point where I dont want to be seen in a bikini. HELP!! Advice?? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary public and maybe we can help you. It is hard to say why without know what you are doing.
  • melodieRN
    melodieRN Posts: 49
    Options
    Post an example of your meal plans. Maybe you are eating the wrog combinatio of foods, ect also post how you are workig out. Have you taken measuremets?
  • Myradin
    Myradin Posts: 6
    Options
    The reports section helped me get a better overall view of my habits so that I could make positive changes. Look and see if you are restricting your diet TOO much and lowering your metabolism and storing fat instead of burning it. And like the other person said, post your diet so we can help more.
  • sandigood
    sandigood Posts: 1
    Options
    Diabetes...check into it!
  • bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? Are you weighing it or eyeballing it? Are you sure you're eating as little as you think?
    Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    If you're small to begin with, the changes take a lot longer to move, so don't be discouraged just yet. Also, what does "all summer" mean? It's only been summer for about 10 days... you probably mean since it got warmer out, but consider how many days you've actually been working on it. Sometimes you just have to put it into perspective.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That was my problem until this week. I added 20 minuted of walking to my exercise in the mornings and the weight is starting to move off again.
  • BigVinney
    BigVinney Posts: 16
    Options
    The way the computer measures your bmr, bmi is not totally accurate...
    I was not losing very much with the suggested calories intake. I cut down 2 to 4 hundred
    calories from what it told me to do and it is working just fine.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? Are you weighing it or eyeballing it? Are you sure you're eating as little as you think?
    Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Nice link! I think I probably do this!!!! I am going to try and measure my foods better now!
  • FitnessOver50
    Options
    Your situation is not uncommon nor is your frustration.

If you keep going down the same road you are now, the frustration will continue to grow and you will quit. It happens all the time.

However, you can take one step that will virtually gaurantee that you attain all your fitness goals.

Hire a trainer for 3 months. Learn what you need to do to meet your goals. Learn the proper techique, the proper diet, etc.

Do this and without a doubt, will have drawer full of bikinis in no time.

I talk from experience. I am 52, my wife is 50. She is buying fitness clothing and bikinis all the time.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating back any of the calories you gain from exercising? If you're allowed 1200 calories a day and you burn 400, you should eat a total of at least 1400. Otherwise you're body is getting less than 1200 a day and it can slow your metabolism down. I generally eat 1300-1600 a day depending on my exercise and what I eat, and I've lost weight at a steady pace for months.
  • alpeters3789
    Options
    sorry by all summer I mean since the beginning of May (im a college student so thats when summer starts for me)

i eat at least 1200-1400 a day, sometimes more when i really hit the gym hard. i burn at least 300 a day from cardio and i weight train. i measure/count everything specifically.

thanks for all of your advice so far! keep it coming! ill make my food diary public like someone suggested!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    You only have 12lbs to lose, its going to take longer for your to lose 12lbs than someone who has more to lose. Stick with it, you'll lose it, just don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Two things I noticed from your food diary. To loose weight you need to eat more. If you don't give your body enough food it will continue to store fat. Lower calories are not always a good thing. Try eating your exercise calories and never go below 1200 net calories in a day. The other thing is try tracking sodium. I am not sure based on the brands but some of the types of food you eat are high in sodium. To much sodium consumption will increase water retention.

Good Luck.
  • alpeters3789
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    thank you so much!

You're welcome. I have been able to constantly loose weight at 1lb per week through the last 10 lbs. I have never gone below 1300 calories on a regular basis and have always eaten my exercise calories. My food diary is public if you are ever curious.