Just starting and need support!

Options
I signed up for "my fitness pal" and although I just started tonight, I was hoping to get to know other community members a little better. It's always easier to lose weight when you have that support that's available to you and others to inspire you throughout your journey. A little information about me:

- I'm a college student, rising 3rd year student
- I'm 19 going on 20 years old
- CW is 217
- 1st GW is 160
- UGW is 140
- this is going to be a long road, but much longer without the support

I hope that anyone reading this is willing to friend me and follow me in this journey and we can inspire each other in the process! :)

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesomeeee. I'm a second year and I would love to support you and anyone else in need of motivation, support, advice

-Jen
  • Cmg2k
    Cmg2k Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also new, need support, and 3rd year student!
  • beckyclay
    beckyclay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're young with a youthful metabolism. I'm sure you can do it. Start now making healthier choices,and you will be so glad when you are older because you likely won't have the health problems that others have in later years. This is an opportunity for you to develop good habits. Remember, this the ONLY body you will ever have, so take care of it. I know you can do it! Go girl!
  • vickyweiss
    Options
    I just signed up too! I'm starting college soon and I'm glad to see other myfitnesspal members around the same age as myself :) so hey guys :)
  • collegefitnessgal
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and initial advice! :)
  • knpoole20
    Options
    Hi! I"m pretty new to the site too but love it so far. Glad we're in the journey together, it's gonna be long, but rewarding. :)

I"m 26, 5'5''
    CW: 203
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 165
    UGW: 140
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    You got this! This site is awesome. Support is such a huge piece of the weight loss process and this site is full of it. Feel free to add me, i'm not going anywhere for awhile. I have a ways to go.
  • SerenitySage_x3
    SerenitySage_x3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined the community recently as well, about a week ago, and it has been a great help. MFP is an awesome site. I'm also a college student, going on my fourth year. Best of luck reaching your goals! :D
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 21.. and I just went back to school online =) I am 5' 4" and I started out at 214! Highest I saw my scale was 216... I'm currently 176 and my goal weight is 135!

You can add me! =)
  • fitnessfreddie
    fitnessfreddie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You all are welcome to add me, I just started but have been pretty active with posting motivational quotes and giving advice. There's no reason why any of us can't reach our goals, unless we allow ourselves not to.
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm also a student, new to MFP so anyone feel free to add me. I love the support :)
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Support is what you're going to get from me!!
    20 year old college student majoring in music.
    Lost a lot of weight already and reached my initial goal, but this journey never ends.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    We're close in our goals!!

I'm 5'11

CW: 213
    STGW:170
    UGW: 155