tips on losing baby fat

Options
I just had my 3rd baby 8month ago im losing weight but having problems around pelvic area.any tips

Replies

• pinky
    pinky Posts: 6
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby 8month ago im losing weight but having problems around pelvic area.any tips
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat as you are. I had my second 16 months ago and have lost over 50 lbs and I still have a saggy belly
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter 3 years ago, and I still have mine too.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Same here... not a pretty sight but will have to "hang around" until I have the dinero to do something about my stretched out skin aka saggy belly :grumble:
  • alymarest
    Options
    There is an exercise that works for me and i saw results within the first week. But I have to explain it my self so here goes:
    Sit up strait, hold your tummy in, then imagine you are zipping your stomach muscles up from your lower belly to the top and hold the whole time you sit. Do this any time you are sitting all day any time you remember.
    The article said that it helps tighten muscles that were streched durung pregnancy. It realy helped me out. :smile:
    and this workout just looked fun so i thought i should include it.

Fun Mom Workout: Hula-Hooping
    Move over, dumbbells -- the hula hoop is the next big thing in mom fitness
    By Lauren Passell
    Move over, dumbbells — the hula hoop is the next big thing in mom fitness. L.A.-based fitness instructor Rayna McInturf launched Hoopnotic Hoopdance, a workout using a revamped version of the classic toy, in 2006. Since then, hooping has been making a steady comeback.

"Hula-hooping is a fun way to burn some calories," says Parenting Mom Squad fitness expert Sharon Monplaisir. The hoop that McInturf uses is larger and heavier than the traditional kind and, she says, is a better fit for adults and helps burn more calories (her versions are $40 and up at hoopnotica.com). But the type you grew up with works, too. To get the most out of this old-school workout:

Use the right stance. Moving in a circular motion — a common mistake — makes it harder to keep the hoop up. Instead, stand with one foot in front of the other, hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, and tuck in your pelvis. Then shift your weight from one leg to the other.

Choose music with a varied tempo so you can practice both fast and slow speeds. Going faster burns more calories, while slowing down requires more subtle movement that tones core muscles and helps define your waistline.

Have your kids join in. The more fun you all have, the more likely you'll stick with it.

Parenting, November 2007

:wink:
  • pinky
    pinky Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank's alymarest your excersis tip sound good i think ill give it a try. ill post resault's.:smile:
  • alymarest
    Options
    :flowerforyou: no problem