control the boredon eating

Options
Ok does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? On my days off of work I get bored and I just eat all the time. How do I stop this nasty cycle?

Replies

• m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I had a problem with this big style,

I am planning my meals and making batches, also I keep in healthy sacks, seeds/nuts/fruit these are good for you so it wont hurt eating these in moderation.

Hope this helps
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have that habit too, I can have all good food in the house but days off and when I get home I'll just eat and eat, even if its healthy food. i find the best method is too keep my hands busy or keep myself moving, then I don't eat as too much.

But I'm still working on that one though.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a trail mix and eat it WHILE I take a long walk!
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm complete opposite. On my days AT work I get bored and scoff whatever I can find!
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me so I try to stay busy. Usually some kind of hobby that I need my hands to be clean for (eg sewing or knitting) so that I can't eat, or something that takes me away from my house.
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I try to keep healthy snacks at home so I can choose them instead of the unhealthy ones. Also I will walk the dog, pick up a book or have a look at the MFP message boards to take my mind off food
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    Try eating small portions of almonds or perhaps have some home made protein treats in. These can be low calorie and filling and in my case just tap my sweet tooth!
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I can be the same - I plan my meals and try not to deviate from this, I also get my trainers on and go for a walk or plan in some other type of exercise; it takes my mind off food AND earns me some extra calories ;)
  • bens_goal
    bens_goal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water... helps make the most of what your eating. But yes I think we all suffer from this..
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only tend to have healthy food in the house but if my body doesn't need it, I still gain weight. I can munch all my waking hours.

Now I try to stretch 5 hours between meals. I now know hunger will not kill me :wink:

I sometimes write on my right hand a ? or a word to remind me not to mindlessly keep filling my mouth

I will drink a glass of water. If I still want something I will have a fruit tea or fizzy water.:drinker:

If I still want something I'd have an apple. Sat at the table.

If I still want something I can have it. But sat down.

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks everyone the ideas will help.