Need Help with Smell

Options
I have several running tops (fitted tanks with built in bra) that smell musty, even after washing? Any ideas on how to freshen them up?

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Fribreeze
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    Allow them to soak overnight in warm water and baking soda...i've had this problem before too!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    wash with at least warm if not hot water and use a small amount of fabric softener to help get rid of the smell...also, wash them more often. I ran into the same problem with my bras and had to start washing them after every use. I have a lot of them now :happy:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I let them air out and let the sweat dry before I wash them. I don't know of that's what helps with the smell, but it's something that I have always done. I also use warm water when I wash them.
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    vinegar is great for removing odors. i always throw about a cup of it in my load of towels to remove stale odor
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I use vinegar also....and not just for the sweaty clothes, towels, sheets etc. It also helps to hang them outside in the sun after washing if you have access.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Another vote for vinegar (white distilled?). Usually, I'll put the workout clothes in the washer and let it fill up, then stop cycle. Then poor in some vinegar and let it soak for 15+ minutes (usually 2 hours because I go do something else LOL). Then, dump in detergent and some other clothes if any, shut the lid and let the cycle complete.
    Come out good as gold.
    I don't use fabric softener(or dryer sheets) with the workout clothes because it sometimes can feel and/or smell weird with the synthetics and sweat.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Thanks all. I'll try to get smell-free this week. Bet I double my number of wearable running tops.