DENVERITES-anyone interested in walking?

Options
Hi all,

I just joined myfitnesspal this week, and was looking for people from in an around Denver who might be interested in a once a week walking group. First walk would be on Wednesday, July 7th at 11:30 at Washington park, meet at the boathouse. Let me know if you are interested, and I will be happy to coordinate!

Best to all,

Tamara

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I would be so in, but this is the first day of my vacation. I live in Arvada, but would be willing to drive anywhere to meet up for walks. You can count me in the following Wednesday, if it would be all right that I would be pushing my kids in a stroller. (But believe me, it won't slow me down!)

Great idea!
  • myhrmiswrong
    myhrmiswrong Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My wife and I walk all the time on the Highline Canal Trail. We live in the Greenwood Village/Centennial Area so most of the time we walk those sections. But at age 63, you're probably not too interested in walking with us old folks, although we do 3.5+ mph for at least an hour at a time at least 3 times per week.

We also like to walk the S. Platte River trail from C-470 North.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy walking, but I'm at work during the weekdays, and my bus stops running just after 5 so I couldn't do evenings in Denver either. I could drive wherever on weekends, but it's so hard to stick to a routine on weekends since that's when lots of social events and whatnot get scheduled.

If anyone's interested in walking in the Thornton/Northglenn area on evenings (maybe weekends?) let me know! :happy:
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Pixie, my husband is out of town a lot, and it is much easier to walk in the evenings. Maybe next time he goes out of town we can schedue an evening walk and I could come over near you.

Add me as a friend so we can keep in touch if you are interested!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Can I bring the kids?? :flowerforyou:
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    Heather and Rachel, Absolutely! Bring em-I am sure others will bring kids as well. I will keep you posted about the following week. Have a great vacation, Heather!
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    I am not used to these message boards, folks, so when I hit "reply" I guess I am replying to all of you, not one post? Anyhow, I think that ages 0-102 should join me next Wendesday at the boathouse if it makes 'em happy. (I am sure you two will outwalk me:smile: )!