Can'f do 1200 cals

Options
Hi all. I really cant keep in the 1200. going over all the time isnt motivating.
im not loosing anymore and im not putting on. but i need to loose more. got a holiday in 3 weeks. uve lost my motivation.

Replies

• youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to exersize?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's because you crashed your metabolism cutting calories, so slowly increasing that should help.
  • mitatailor
    mitatailor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    doing a bit but not managing everyday. i do my lateral thigh trainer dvd. and gym sometimes, treadmill, corss trainer and bike.
  • mitatailor
    mitatailor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i did increase to 1500 but that way i dont lose anything.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Don't do 1200 calories then. Unless you are older, under 5" and 100% sedentary then 1200 cals is not enough for you.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map+2013

Work out your TDEE and cut 20% from it. That will give you a higher calorie allowance that you will hopefully find much easier to stick to. Odd concept I know, but sometimes you do have to eat more to lose weight.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Try losing the word "can't", because you can keep within 1200, or you can add exercise and gain some additional calories. I say this because that's exactly how I did it to lose my weight. Good luck - I hope you can change your mindset and get geared toward success! :flowerforyou:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    upping it to +300 daily if you look at net week calories is not gradual.

+100 daily is gradual.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

How long for? You need to have patience. Patience above all is the most important thing when it comes to weight loss. If you've eaten at too big a deficit for too long it can take your body some time to catch up.

Also, giving yourself a deadline doesn't help (I'm getting married next year, believe me I know how painful a deadline can be). You need to look at this as a lifestyle change, not a quick 'get skinny before I go on holiday' fix.
  • mrsdean87
    mrsdean87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started off at 1200 n lost weight then hit a plateau i followed advice from mfp members n upped it to 1300 started losing again! Now im on 1360 n im still losing :) u can do it hun dont get urself down x
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    1200 is unreasonable for most- most people cant maintain that kind of low calorie diet for an extended amount of time. up it to something more reasonable, and i agree, be patient. exercise. go for a macronutrient goal, where you have a high protein (30% is a great target) goal. drink lots of water.

do you measure your food with a food scale? sometimes people are eyeballing, guessting, or using measuring cups and underestimating hundreds of calories per day
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I can't do that either. I would be weak and hungry. The lowest I go is about 1600. I normally eat about 2000ish to lose a pound a week. Try decreasing your deficit. 1200 is not enough for most women.