Dump the Rump Challenges

Options
:smile: Starting July 1st, tomorrow: MAKE THESE YOUR DAILY GOALS!! Not sure if some are extreme or not enough but will give it a whirl. Please join and let us know if you can think of any different ones to do from week to week.

THURSDAY: 30 push ups (knees on floor okay)
FRIDAY: 15 – 20 min stretching or yoga
SATURDAY: Hula Hoop for 3 minutes
SUNDAY: 30 crunches/sit ups
MONDAY: Commercial challenge. When watching TV, move it during commercials. Push ups, jumping jacks, hula hooping, etc. Just keep moving
TUESDAY: Bounce on a stability ball for 30 minutes
WEDNESDAY: 100 jumpropes

Replies

• enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I think I'm going to recruit my office on this one how fun would that be?
  • JeanieLouise
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl! Count me in!
  • tkpearce
    tkpearce Posts: 1
    Options
    Okay, I need to get some of the bubbalicious badonkadonk down to a manageable size!! I'M IN~!
  • tliesmann
    tliesmann Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard ladies! I thought for sure we would get more to join but that's OK at least we got some. TODAY is the day for our 1st challenge. Please let us know how you did and if you have any thoughts or input! Thanks again for joining ME! I need all the support and motivation I can get.
  • scoutwife706
    Options
    Count me in too!!!
  • chrisc2006
    chrisc2006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can count me in but I can't hula hoop. My daughter has one so I'll just keep picking it up and keep going
  • tliesmann
    Options
    I can NOT hula hoop either. My 9 year old son gets the biggest chuckle out of watching me try. But I figured if I keep trying surely one day I will get the hang of it, right?
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Off to do some push ups now! :o)
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Has nothing to do with our challenge but I started today as well that every 1/2 hour I get up and walk 200 steps. This way I keep moving daily! My son (Wren) and I just walked to our post office and it was 1200 steps there and back. Probably a little more but lost count when he would ask me questions. LOL - need to do that daily!
    Haven't done my push ups yet. Anyone?
  • tliesmann
    Options
    OK I realized I wasn't getting many steps in by only doing 200 so I decided I need to do 550 steps every half hour in order to hit 9,900 steps. I know I get way over 100 just going to the ladies room and walking up front to wait on customers. So from 8-5 I will definitely get my 10,000 steps in and then after 5:00 will be EXTRA! Heading home to do my pushups!
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Just checking in and seeing if you all did your push ups yesterday? I did mine. Had to do some on my knees but did manage all 30! Day 1 goal - COMPLETE!
  • jodi_bannister
    Options
    I did my push ups last night. I didn't think I could do 30 push ups!! I was quite proud of myself! :laugh:

I did my yoga this evening after I finished work. Very relaxing way to start the weekend :happy: How is everyone else doing???
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Way to go Jodi - that's awesome! I do have to say I was pooped after 30! Way outta shape but one day at a time we will get there!
  • ambitiousak
    Options
    Today I took the stairs twice at work ( I work on the 9th floor)
    Took a walk around the block twice after lunch
    Will work out night for 30 minues - I want to minic roller blading using ankle weights to music
  • tliesmann
    Options
    9th floor - AWESOME JOB!! Don't forget everyone to do your challenges. Today is 15-20 min stretching/yoga. Sat. is Hula Hoop for 3 minutes and Sun is 30 crunches/situps. Good Luck to you all and keep up the great job. Motivation and Support are a very big deal right now for us all so please help motivate and support us all. I did get over 10,000 steps in today and it's not even 5:00 yet. This getting up and moving every 30 minutes is an exercise all on its own! Have a safe and happy 4th but don't forget to EXERCISE!
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Just seeing how everyone is doing. I did my 15 min stretching yesterday and my 3 min hula hooping today. Also managed to go 90 min of cardio! Hope you all are doing good!
  • tliesmann
    Options
    was just curious how everyone was doing with the challenges? does anybody have any new ones for the week to come?
    We had weigh in tonight and I lost another 3 pounds. Slowly but surely! Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!
  • jodi_bannister
    Options
    Well done on your loss! :smile:

I have really enjoyed all of the challenges so far. As I am typing this, I am bouncing on my exercise ball :laugh: Very difficult to do both at the same time! :laugh:

I will try to think of some challenges for next week.
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Glad to hear you are enjoying them as well! My boys got the biggest kick out of me trying to hula hoop but I finally succeeded~!
  • tliesmann
    Options
    Anybody still with me?