Fave non food indulgence?

Options
So I've been debating how I'm going to celebrate reaching my goal weight. Going out to eat is out of the question for me -- I'm way past rewarding myself with FOOD! Feels so good to not only admit that but to be able to say it AND mean it.

I do treat myself every now and then -- a cute new pair of flats, a sun dress ( or 2 or 3 ;-) from Old Navy, you get the picture.

But now that I'm FINALLY back on track and can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm thinking "what do I get for myself WHEN -- not IF- I reach my goal weight?"

It's a toss up between a new purse from Coach (like a REAL Coach purse from the Coach store -- not getting one from the outlet when there's a sale going on! :-) OR -- a necklace or bracelet from Tiffany's. Something that I can look at and KNOW that I've earned it. Something that I can look at and remind myself of how far I've come.

So that leads me to ask each of you: How do YOU treat yourself/reward yourself WITHOUT food? You could be celebrating each 10 lbs lost, each size dropped, a physical endeavor you've accomplished, hitting your workout goals, or the big one: reaching your weight loss goal.

Let's hear it :-)

Replies

• millymoo81
    millymoo81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say I've got my eyes on some sexy underwear for when I reach my goals! :)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: A NEW WARDROBE... NOT FROM LANE BRYANT..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • msforeverfaithful
    msforeverfaithful Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great question! I recently found that doing activities that my weight would not allow me to do before is very rewarding. For example I jogged my first 5K this past Easter in 37 min! I never thought of myself as a distance runner and now I plan on jogging a 10K in August for my 29th birthday! That's one of the gifts to myself, to sign up and jog in a 10K.

In the past I would reward myself by shopping much like yourself. But then I started a financial diet and shopping no longer sufficed as a feasible reward. Oh how I did enjoy it though! I would save all the money I would have spent eating out and spend it on clothes and shoes!

Thanks Lisamarie1226 for sharing this post. Congratulations and good luck on your healthy weight journey!

PEACE! :bigsmile:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Shopping is fun when you are shopping for smaller sizes :-) Good luck to both of you!

I remember when I first realized I no longer HAD to shop at the "big girl shops".... it was a real eye opener to see how far I came. You'll get there!
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    I've listed my rewards are under my ticker!! I've said it before and I'll say it again....It may seem silly at my age to get my belly button (re) peirced but thats what I'm gonna do!!!! And everytime I see it, it will be a little reminder of how nice it looks on my much smaller belly! :bigsmile:

P.S. Congrats for almost reaching your GOAL!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm on a budget too so that's why I'm saving up for my "goal weight splurge" ;-)

I actually want to start doing 5ks as well! I started jogging outdoors in the spring but I live in TX and now that we're consistently getting weather in the high 90s and in triple digits, thats been put on hold for now. But I started doing the "5K loop" program on the treadmill. Each time I try to beat my previous time.

Great way to "treat" yourself AND keep progressing!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I used to have these 2 silly rewards planned for when I reach my goal weight:

1.) Overnight trip to Vegas with my girl friends.
    2.) Brazilian bikini wax

Now that I have less than 20 pounds to go, I don't think I'll go through with either! I think just getting there and STAYING there will be reward enough... but I do intend to buy new clothes and get a manicure/pedicure... as usual.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I love doing my own pedicures - I have a Mary Kay kit - because it's really relaxing and I decided once I hit my goal weight (but really, I was stalled for so long I'm just going to get it done for my Florida trip) I'm going to get a professional pedicure.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    New clothes and cool accessories...like jewelry.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I was going to go indoor sky-diving when I got to goal. For various reasons, that never happened but I spent a ton on myself last year buying all the necessary (some not so necessary) triathlon equipment including a second bike so I felt rewarded. :laugh:

I do want to get my belly button pierced but it makes swimming problematic so I'm going to wait until Dec. when I never swim anyway. (All the pools here are outdoor pools and it's just a bit too cold in Dec. to deal with them.)
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Definitely travel for me although I have to space them quite far apart because travel usually leads to a little too much eating at least for a few days haha! Also I'm a bit torn at the moment between saving for my wedding (which I know I should be doing!) and jetting off to Europe whenever I get the chance.

Other than that, seeing a musical or booking tickets to the ballet or another show always makes me feel rewarded :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    massages
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I put this in my first blog and they are subject to change, but right now this is what I have.

Weight Loss Rewards:

* -10 lbs = Earrings (I bought 2 pairs, they were on sale) :)~
    * -20 lbs = Pedicure
    * -30 lbs = Shoes
    * -40 lbs = Purse
    * -50 lbs = Massage
    * -65 lbs = Zip-lining (***HALFWAY***)
    * -80 lbs = Dress
    * -90 lbs = Horse-back riding
    * -100 lbs = Cruise from Jim & Joan
    * -110 lbs = Camping trip w/ Ross (possibly also w/ friends)
    * -120 lbs = New lingerie/undies/bras
    * -130 lbs = New clothes and fancy right-hand ring
  • kvoelz1
    kvoelz1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm at my Weight Watchers goal weight and wanted to do a spa getaway when I reached my goal but money is tight! I'm trying to lose another 10 pounds if I can or at least maintain this weight. If I maintain for a year, I hope at that time I can afford my trip or at least a vacation. When I was on WW, I would reward myself every 10 lbs (5 lbs when it got down to the last 10, b/c those are the hardest to lose) with a spa treatment (massage, facial, body wrap). Great non-food reward!