Sale accuracy

Options
Last week I weighed myself at home on my cheapo scale: 110
Then dried the scale at work (doctors office digital scale): 113.4
Then, later in the day, was weighed by the nurse on another scale that also calculates fat%: 116.4

So in one day, i went from 110 to 116!

Today I tried the scale at work over a period of 10 minutes: 113.4, 115.4, 116.2, 114.8, 115.4, 114.4

All I did was get on and off the scale and zero it out. What scale would you use? How do I accurately track my progress?

Replies

• abbirose13
    abbirose13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You should take into consideration what you wearing as you may have been wearing lighter or heavier clothes in different places as you were at home and then at work.
    If I were you I would just calculate the average. So out of those six numbers it would be just under 115lbs.
    You should also remember your weight fluctuates, so you should weigh yourself at the same time however many times you do it eg week fortnight month etc.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Weigh only once a week on the same scale in the morning, after a wee..you'll get a better idea that way. Weight varies over the course of the day.
  • Number_6
    Number_6 Posts: 3
    Options
    I always use the same scale: the one I have in my bathroom. It might be a few pounds off from other scales, but at least I can consistently use it to track my weight loss.

Also, I only weigh myself one a week, which is every Friday morning, barefoot, stripped to my underwear. (Not sure the people at the gym would appreciate me stripping down to weigh myself on the scale outside the locker rooms!)