Still not losing weight but...

Options
Posted about 3 weeks ago how I jumped up 10 lbs in my first week of working out again real hard. Well its been almost a month since that, and I haven't lost a pound. I'm doing a lot of heavy lifting and my cardio regiment has my heart rate above 170 the whole time. My diet is pretty stable and I'm usually under in calories but OVER in protein and sugar (mostly b/c I drink milk with my protein shakes). I also know I'm building muscle, my fiance and I both can tell. I'm just not loosing weight, or belly inches (have been measuring).

I'm going to cut the milk and see what happens.

My workout is basically this.
4 x a week targeted heavy lifting of 6 exercises (Push arms, Legs + abs, Pull arms, Shoulders + abs), 3 sets of 10 or 3 sets to failure. Every week I am increasing total reps done (til failure) or weight lifted.
4 x a week 25 minutes of intense cardio, heart rate above 170. I've been increasing intensity every week too trying to get "farther" in the same time.

Anything about this I should change up? Should I not worry about not loosing anything as long as I feel and look better?

Replies

37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Dont cut milk! Its good for you! Whats ur intake?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that your stall is caused by going over in protein. What is your calorie goal and why aren't you meeting it?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. I ate at my TDEE, I ate a 20% cut and now I am down to 1900 calories a day. MY clothes are still fitting the same and my weight has been up and down the same few pounds.

I AM seeing a difference in my body. I can tell I am more firm, I can tell I have put on muscle. I am shaped differently but still have the fat. But how am I possibly having gains with as much of a deficit as I am eating?!

Hopefully, the drop to 1900 gives me some loss.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Milk, specifically chocolate milk helps with muscle repair. So keep the milk!
  • talexanderpurinacom
    Options
    I've had the same issue and most people say that you have to meet your min calories to lose. I've had trouble meeting the 1200 cal goal but I added in some more protein to get my intake up and I'm eating more frequently. Try meeting your intake goal for a week and see what happens.
  • jeffinstereo
    Options
    I seriously doubt that your stall is caused by going over in protein. What is your calorie goal and why aren't you meeting it?

My goal is 1500, usually I eat around 16-1800. But my exercise typically adds 400 calories to this so I'm always a few hundred under.

Also, my "meals" are spaced out pretty evenly (2-4 hours)