One year later, 118 Pounds down, 10 to go!!

Options
So here I am on my one year anniversary (to the day, started April 4, 2012) that I made the conscious decision to lose weight. When I started I didn’t have a goal weight in mind, the only thing driving me was that I needed to get healthy, and I knew I needed to do it now. I got a blood test result back from the Dr. that had an indicator for heart attack and my results were on the very high end, so that is what kick started this change.

I started out doing Optifast, which is a Dr supervised program. I did the modified version because a liquid diet for three months was way too harsh and didn’t fit my lifestyle. So I did two shakes a day a meal and snack. I thought it was going to be the most horrible thing in the world, but it turned out that I really enjoyed it and it made making breakfast and lunch so much easier. I only had to figure out what I was going to have for dinner.

After about 7 months (Nov 2012) on the two shakes a day I graduated to only one shake a day, two meals and a snack. This allowed me to learn and gradually add back in food, so I was learning how to eat properly as I went.

In mid Dec 2012 I was totally off of shakes and back to eating regular food. I totally changed what I ate, how much I ate and when I ate. I now eat every 3 hours and I ensure I am eating proper food.

Don’t get me wrong I still treat myself to the food we shouldn’t eat (McDonalds, chocolate, chips etc) but I make a very conscious decision to do so and do it in moderation, rather than mindless eating.

As for exercise I started out walking and it would take me a good 45 minutes to do a lap around one of our local parks, but I am now walking 7.5 miles twice a week in about an hour. I make sure I do cardio at least 5 days a week and I also got a personal trainer and do that twice a week which I really enjoy and it has really helped reshape my body and add strength.

So for any of you out there that think they can’t do it, you can, you just really need to figure out why you want it and go for it. Allow yourself treats along the way or else you will not be successful and don’t be hard on yourself, this is a total lifestyle transformation and it takes time.
Good luck to all.

2d896623-1bf2-4b79-9670-c998e40527b8_zpsbc4521a3.jpg

Replies

• prettynotpretty
    Options
    I wasn't able to see your pictures on your link, said the URL was wrong.
    BUT...great post and fabulous job!! Congrats on being so successful!! Keep it up :)
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the great work. Very inspiring to many people on here, like me, who have just started our journey.
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic job! I know you are proud of yourself. You are a motivation to us all. Congratulations!
  • SANCHLI
    SANCHLI Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!!
  • slimloloslim
    slimloloslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING !!

Enjoy your happy, healthy new life :drinker:
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is such an encouragement to me. I just started April 1st and look for encouragement anywhere I can get it, so thanks! And congrats.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    AH-MAY-ZZZING! Congrats!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!! You look fabulous!!!! :happy: :drinker:
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Big congrats on all of your hard work and dedication! You look amazing and I'm sure you FEEL amazing, too! Well done!
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow... well done!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You look fantastic!
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You did awesome.... and great inspiring words I think we can all learn from your dedication and commitment I bet after 118 that last 10 seems like nothing!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Outstanding results!! You look fabulous! Keep up the great work and stay strong!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job - sounds like you have completely changed your lifestyle. Way to go!
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Great job!!!!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job! You are such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! We can all inspire someone!
  • QueenChavon
    Options
    Way to go you look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!